Talk

Advanced search

I've washed all of my scarves and now they are floppy and sticking to themselves.

(8 Posts)
Silverstreaks Tue 05-Dec-17 12:35:09

I washed all of my scarves in one go. They were washed with liquid clothes wash and then I put them in the tumble dryer. They are mostly viscose but there are some all cotton ones too.

They are the hijab style scarf, long and wide. I've washed them before but obviously did something different as this time they have lost all fullness and just collapse down and stick to themselves.

Any ideas how to make them a bit more substantial and have some body again or am I just going to have a cold neck until I order some new ones?

SoupDragon Tue 05-Dec-17 12:37:29

Could it have been the tumble drier? I oftenout things in there to soften them up. Maybe try washing them again with no fabric softener and no tumble drier.

Sludgecolours Tue 05-Dec-17 12:38:16

I think it was probably the tumble drying. No guarantees but try washing (gently) again and leaving to line dry (over the bath if necessary). They may get some of their body back. Not sure but worth a go?

Sludgecolours Tue 05-Dec-17 12:38:49

Snap SoupDragon!

Silverstreaks Tue 05-Dec-17 12:43:12

That's the thing though SoupDragon I didn't used fabric softener .

So you both think they've just had the stuffing bashed out of them in the dryer?

Sludgecolours Tue 05-Dec-17 12:49:04

I don't know for sure op but towels are definitely softened by tumble drying and dry heat can also cause static.

Silverstreaks Tue 05-Dec-17 12:58:11

Ok, I'll wash them again and air dry.

There is no crackle and sparking from them thankfully.

Sludgecolours Tue 05-Dec-17 13:02:51

Op I'm no expert but think the cotton ones will be fine. If you Google "how to wash viscose" (sorry can't link with this device) the instructions are mostly about hand-washing in cool water without twisting or ringing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now