Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

First aftershave for teenage boy

(12 Posts)
Pheebs7 Tue 05-Dec-17 09:26:22

Hi,
I am wondering what would be the best aftershave to get for a 13 year old boy - it will be his first aftershave.
I just don't know what the trend is for teenagers!
Thanks

plumstone Tue 05-Dec-17 09:42:41

I had this dilemma last year - went for Hollister Body spray, and then for his birthday CKOne. Didn't want anything to "manly", I love Boss by Hugo Boss, but really don't want teenagers to smell of it!!

Grimmfebruary Tue 05-Dec-17 09:50:02

My brother had 'blue jeans' and David beckham stuff haha! That was about 5 year ago though 😂

ColinsVeryJolly Tue 05-Dec-17 10:55:13

I got DS the Cristiano Ronaldo one last year.

UnicornMadeOfPinkGlitter Tue 05-Dec-17 11:03:24

The ultimate goals aftershave here seems to be Chanel blue or paco rabanne millions.

Have a look in Superdrug as they often have ones like Hugo boss for around £20.

VioletCharlotte Tue 05-Dec-17 11:04:13

My DS likes the Lacoste aftershave, either the red or white bottle.

Pheebs7 Tue 05-Dec-17 11:10:25

Thank you so much for these ideas.
I am going to go for Hollister - as I have never heard of it so it probably means its the right one, ha ha!

FormerlyFrikadela01 Tue 05-Dec-17 11:55:04

One of my colleagues has a teenage and apparently they all want creed which after a quick Google would be an absolute no from me.

I used to have a boyfriend who wore Crave by Calvin Klein which was very inexpensive and really fresh smelling. I loved it though not sure it's still sold now. I also like the Paul Smith in a green bottle.

Deathraystare Wed 06-Dec-17 18:01:35

Not Lynx, that's for sure!!!!

Skyllo30 Wed 06-Dec-17 18:03:47

Get the faintest smelling one if he’s interested in girls. He’ll use half the bottle before “going to see his mate Calum” and will stink your house out.

Otherwise go with the nice suggestions above!

Deathraystare Wed 06-Dec-17 18:03:54

How about a sniff around Next or M&S? I think a lot of them are dupes.

BluebellGal Thu 07-Dec-17 00:41:09

The bestselling Male fragrance in the youth market is millions by Paco Rabanne. Once you know the smell, you’ll be smelling everywhere the youngsters hang out!

Creed?! Blooming heck - they’d be so lucky.

Someone mentioned not Lynx, actually they do some half decent ‘premium’ fragrances now. They are colognes so the fragrance isn’t overpowering and they are about £6/8

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: