Talk

Advanced search

Which ring could I stack with this?

(17 Posts)
HappyVan Mon 04-Dec-17 17:49:10

Hi,

I have this white gold sapphire ring as my engagement ring, and I want to get a ring to go beneath it. I don't want to spend more than £30-£40 on it, so I was having a look at eternity rings on diamonique QVC. Which one do you think would go with it, if any?

On the other hand, I am thinking maybe I should just buy another ring? Something like this, or this?

IWannaSeeHowItEnds Mon 04-Dec-17 17:58:21

I'd get a narrow full diamond eternity ring. I like the ones with the small round diamonds. I think you need something delicate and dainty looking because your engagement ring is pretty and dainty looking.

HappyVan Mon 04-Dec-17 21:06:01

Thanks!

So it seems one from this set could work but it is not rodium plated. Does that mean it is not as good?

www.qvcuk.com/Diamonique-13ct-tw-Set-of-2-Solitaire-%26-Eternity-Ring-Sterling-Silver.product.309533.html

MightyMunki Mon 04-Dec-17 22:27:40

I wouldn’t get that set at it’s a half eternity, I have a half and I’m constantly fiddling with it to get the diamonds at the front of my finger rather the back. Have a look at item 310511.

IWannaSeeHowItEnds Mon 04-Dec-17 22:27:55

Rhodium plating makes the metal very shiny but it wears off and needs replating. Better to buy a ring without it as you then get to see its true colour.

IWannaSeeHowItEnds Mon 04-Dec-17 22:29:12

I would also go for full eternity. I have a similar ring to your sapphire one and I wear it with a full eternity and a plain band.

JoJoSM2 Mon 04-Dec-17 23:33:26

Is that for your wedding ring? Why not get a gold and diamond one? I know it’d be a lot more expensive but at least it would be a piece of jewellery to keep a lifetime.

When it comes to fashion jewellery, I wouldn’t buy off QVC as the stuff does look cheap and plasticky. I would recommend Swarovski, though. I’ve worn some diamond with Swarovski stuff and you literally can’t tell the difference if they are just little pave set stones. Their jewellery also has excellent longevity and doesn’t seem to wear out.

HappyVan Tue 05-Dec-17 00:47:36

@jojosm2 I'm not keen on spending too much on it. I have however found this 9ct ring on Amazon and I'm tempted to go for it

www.amazon.co.uk/Citerna-White-Eternity-Channel-Setting/dp/B01J3299SO/ref=sr_1_1?psd=1&psc=1&s=jewelry&keywords=9ct%2Bgold%2Beternity%2Bring&th=1&tag=mumsnetforum-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1512434396&nodeID=193716031&sr=1-1&refinements=p_n_material_two_browse-bin%3A197439031

IWannaSeeHowItEnds Tue 05-Dec-17 07:14:29

It will cost you to get it replated every year though. There are different mixes with white gold and the cheap ones are more likely to go yellowy. A ring is something that gets a lot of wear rather than something like earrings, so I'd get silver if you want inexpensive (it isn't as hard and durable as gold but is easy to keep tarnish free with a cloth. Avoid the dip as it wrecks some silver).
Glamira looks like a good site because it allows you to custom build your ring. You could do silver with white sapphire or swarovski.

JoJoSM2 Tue 05-Dec-17 08:31:00

Frequently worn silver or fashion jewellery never lasted me more than a few years so if it’s a wedding ring, it’s worth investing. I suppose even the 9ct from Amazon would last longer than fashion jewellery from qvc.

Don’t know the brand below but they seem to have a gold a diamond wedding band for £350
www.thediamondstore.co.uk/rae-half-eternity-ring-020ct-diamond-9k-white-gold-p2630c1003.cfm?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=ppc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg8zDrbny1wIV7b_tCh396ApIEAQYBCABEgLp1fD_BwE

HappyVan Tue 05-Dec-17 08:38:39

I can't afford more than £50 atm ...

JoJoSM2 Tue 05-Dec-17 08:48:19

I think I’d go with this one expecting the longevity of any ring under £50
www.swarovski.com/Mob_GB/en/5007778/product/Vittore_White_Ring.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2rmpir7y1wIV67DtCh2Tpwh1EAkYASABEgIB2_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

BahFriggingHumbug Tue 05-Dec-17 10:02:34

How about titanium? it looks just like white gold and lasts forever with no maintenance

www.elmajewellery.co.uk/2mm-ladies-white-titanium-cz-eternity-ring-p-1395.html

HappyVan Tue 05-Dec-17 10:25:33

@BahFriggingHumbug aah thanks, didn't consider titanium!

IWannaSeeHowItEnds Tue 05-Dec-17 10:33:48

The one linked to by jojo, is the same design as my eternity ring. It looks very pretty with a sapphire and diamond engagement ring.

HappyVan Tue 05-Dec-17 11:03:10

Aaargh can't decide which one to go for!

Sterling silver vs 9ct white gold vs titanium?

JoJoSM2 Tue 05-Dec-17 11:35:00

Silver does wear out over time, white gold needs re-whitening after a few years. Titanium is a very sturdy material but it’s a very different colour to white gold unless it’s plated in which case it’s likely to wear out too. Tbh, given that you’re looking at designs with a lot of little stones in it, there’s a risk of them falling out (which I’ve had a bit over the years). Hence I suggested Swarovski as nothing has ever fallen out from them and they are fab for not showing much wear- miles better than Links of London or some budget brands. However, I don’t know all the brands listed so don’t know how good they are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now