Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend a lovely face cream!

(19 Posts)
JillyBoel Mon 04-Dec-17 17:29:08

I want to buy a really nice face cream for a family member for Christmas, but I am utterly clueless, can anyone help?
The recipient is early 60s and feeling a bit sad about their skin not being as soft as they'd like. I'd like something that feels and smells really nice, ideally with nice packaging (I know, shallow! But it is a present smile). And maybe a bit fancy?
A tiny pot of something gorgeous would be perfect, budget maybe up to £40?
Someone mentioned Dr Hauschka on another thread, is that any good? Sorry, total novice here blush
Any guidance would be great, and sorry if I don't come back to the thread straight away (kids bedtime coming up!).
Thanks!

HappyVan Mon 04-Dec-17 17:53:13

I would get an origins gift set, this one. It has a lovely overnight mask and a moisturiser for the day. It is also available in high street shops too, and it smells so so lovely!

JillyBoel Mon 04-Dec-17 18:16:50

That does look lovely, HappyVan. Lovely smell was also on my list, missed that one off!

onlyconnect Mon 04-Dec-17 18:17:06

I was going to suggest the Origins night cream that smells divine. I think it's called Night-a-mins.

Decorhate Mon 04-Dec-17 18:21:25

I bought an Origins gift set today - it was cheaper than the night cream on its own! From JL. They were also doing 15% off. Might be worth checking if the discount is available online

HappyVan Mon 04-Dec-17 18:40:32

It is 15% off in JL but there's delivery charge too. I wonder who they are price matching as I need to buy one:

m.johnlewis.com/origins-night-day-delights-skincare-gift-set/p3336848

Decorhate Mon 04-Dec-17 19:24:46

Is there a Waitrose near you? They will deliver to there for free

ImGoingForATwix Mon 04-Dec-17 19:28:24

Get the M&S formula absolute sleep cream. Really good product, feels luxurious, nicely packaged, well within your budget (you could probably get one of the other creams in the range too). Highly recommend it.

ggirl Mon 04-Dec-17 19:32:06

I came on to recommend origins too , I got a gift box once and it was gorgeous-really good stuff.
Other than that , QVC are doing a lovely Decleor set for £43 that looks fab-it has facial oil ,face cream and eye cream..was sorely tempted myself .

gybegirl Mon 04-Dec-17 19:32:24

How about Voya face serum. Voya's an organic skin care range based on seaweed extract from the West Coast of Ireland. Fabulous stuff and really posh packaging.

ggirl Mon 04-Dec-17 19:33:48

decleor set

LadyOfTheCanyon Mon 04-Dec-17 20:38:31

Espa face creams are really lovely. Their Pro-serum ( not a cream , granted) smells amazing and gives me lovely soft skin.
They do really sweet little tester/ travel kits for about £25.

Raaaaaah Mon 04-Dec-17 20:42:24

I got that origins set the other day. I never get myself nice face cream. It is really, really lovely and I have noticed a discernible difference. It smells lovely and is nice and rich but not greasy. My skin is much softer. The set is a real bargain too, the night cream is usually about that price on its own.

stellaaaaaa Mon 04-Dec-17 20:44:49

The Liz Earle moisturisers are lovely and luxurious. They smell gorgeous too.

JillyBoel Mon 04-Dec-17 22:31:22

Thanks so much for these, really appreciate it! Will see what I can get around here (we do have a Waitrose near, will look into the delivery options!).

cheshiremama89 Mon 04-Dec-17 22:34:43

For a "treat" like moisturiser I would opt for Elemis or Espa as previously mentioned.

Origins is ok, but generally aimed at a younger market.

If budget permits, I would suggest Estée Lauder, they own the majority of the beauty floor brands and tend to pioneer with the latest formulations xx

Niminy Mon 04-Dec-17 22:52:41

Dr Hauschka Rose cream is really lovely, smells gorgeous and lasts quite a long time as you only use a little bit. Lovely as a treat.

AmeliaFlashtart Tue 05-Dec-17 11:16:08

I would stick to a well known brand such as clarins, decleor, EL just to be sure the gift is identified as the luxury treat intended.

ginorwine Wed 06-Dec-17 08:13:43

The ordinary do lovely oils as do neals yard

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now