Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me a good tinted moisturiser?

(27 Posts)
MoNigheanDonn Mon 04-Dec-17 09:50:15

I have quite red skin and still get quite a lot if spots. Just looking for something to cover up the worst of it easily

Thank you

glitterbiscuits Mon 04-Dec-17 12:00:04

Following for inspiration

Moodykat Mon 04-Dec-17 14:26:35

I would also like to find this too! Went to a Dior counter on Saturday as had read good things about their BB cream. Unfortunately they have discontinued the palest one and the next looked like I'd been tangoed so am still looking!

Softkitty2 Mon 04-Dec-17 14:29:53

Laura mercier and nars are 😍 they have options for different skin types aswell. Like if you prefer a dewy or a matte finish etc

badhabitsdiehard Mon 04-Dec-17 14:33:49

I'd second Laura Mercier. I know you said you want to cover up redness - some brands seem to do this by making it look "caked on", whereas LM have different finishes (ie Matt, Dewey etc etc) so it looks natural

HappyVan Mon 04-Dec-17 17:56:04

Laura Mercier and NARS. I have always used Laura Mercier but I learned a few weeks ago that NARS is SPF 30. So I went to try it one and you know what, it feels just as great as Laura Mercier, so I have switched to NARS.

TiddlesUpATree Mon 04-Dec-17 17:57:40

I like the ariane Poole ultimate tint. It’s a B.B. cream. Was recommended it by a makeup artist who swears by it.

MoNigheanDonn Tue 05-Dec-17 08:06:46

Thank you so much! I dont normally wear any make up but my skin is getting me down so just want to be able to slap on some tinted moisturiser to make me look less red/sleep deprived!

pickledsausage Tue 05-Dec-17 08:17:13

www.boots.com/la-roche-posay-effaclar-duo-unifiant-light-40ml-10216723

This not only covers but also treats spots

Sparkletastic Tue 05-Dec-17 08:31:18

Laura Mercier is ace although I now want to try Nars too based on this thread.

SplatPancake Tue 05-Dec-17 13:15:03

I have Nars Pure Radiant Glow and LOVE it - prefer to the Laura Marcier I had - but that might just have been a poor colour match influencing me.

ilovecherries Tue 05-Dec-17 14:17:56

I was talked into a Chanel BB cream. I worried I'd fallen for nice packaging and good sales patter, but I love it.

ElspethFlashman Tue 05-Dec-17 14:46:37

I have the Nars and it's really nice. Get it on ASOS as you can return if the shade doesn't suit (Or buy two and return the wrong one)

A lot of people on here swear by the cheapie Nivea one but it was too dark for me. More of a Light Beige. Shame as it is really nice. Might use it in the summer.

ohbigdaddio Tue 05-Dec-17 14:54:30

Also following for ideas! Used to love Nars but they now test on animals (so that they can sell in China!😯) so I need an alternative.

sake Tue 05-Dec-17 14:58:02

Laura Mercier. I discovered it about three years ago and it was a total game changer. I apply with an ever-so-slightly damp Beauty Blender and get a sheer, flawless coverage. I use a bit of Hourglass Ambient lighting powder over the top sometimes.

I've tried the Nars one and didn't get on with it at all; it sunk into my pores and dried my skin out.

sammy891 Thu 07-Dec-17 23:08:55

Nars one is really good!

LockedOutOfMN Thu 07-Dec-17 23:33:17

Do you wear another moisturiser below the tinted one?

Leviticus Thu 07-Dec-17 23:35:21

Laura Mercier, definitely. I use the oil free one.

Leviticus Thu 07-Dec-17 23:36:22

Lockedout I do but I believe you don't have to. Try both ways to see which suits you.

LockedOutOfMN Fri 08-Dec-17 00:57:54

Thanks, Leviticus. My skin's too dry not to moisturise. Which moisturiser and tinted moisturiser do you use together?

polarbear33 Fri 08-Dec-17 06:23:30

Not a tinted moisturiser as such, but Bourjois 123 Perfect CC cream, for me, gives good coverage without being too thick. It's quite runny out the tube but easy to manipulate into the skin with fingers. I think there are 4 shades, with some quite fair ones. Doesn't dry out my skin and looks quite luminous.

I would love to try the laura mercier one though......need to wait until next year when silly Christmas spending has stopped!

Housewife2010 Fri 08-Dec-17 06:49:34

I found the LM one nice but not outstanding enough to rebuy. I prefer Chantecaille Just Skin and It Cosmetics CC Cream.

Leviticus Fri 08-Dec-17 09:58:34

Laura Mercier and whatever moisturiser I'm using - Una Brennan's are a current favourite, they smell amazing.

leedy Fri 08-Dec-17 12:06:53

Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue is great and has a good range of shades. Origins GinZing tinted moisturizer is also lovely though very sheer and one-tint-fits-all. Was kind of underwhelmed by the Laura Mercier one.

DXBCat Fri 08-Dec-17 19:00:02

I second Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue. It's gorgeous. Not heavy coverage and makes you look radiant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now