Talk

Advanced search

Amanda Wakeley necklace Yes or No?

(18 Posts)
tinkerbellvspredator Sun 03-Dec-17 22:22:18

So I left strong hints to DH that I fancied the silver chunky Amanda Wakeley necklace for Xmas. I knew it was one of Teresa May's pieces.

However I've been watching Tracey Ullman sketch show and when she does TM impression she's always wearing the necklace. Google reveals an article saying TM wears the necklace about twice a month.

I also work in government so I think a lot of people will notice too. I like the necklace but not sure it's worth the paranoia. WWYD?

ilovecherries Sun 03-Dec-17 22:52:48

I thought about having it, because I really loved it, then didn't. I'm too near TM is age and I just wondered if I'd look a bit like a spitting image puppet. I'm hoping she gets tired of it soon and it drops out of consciousness!

tinkerbellvspredator Mon 04-Dec-17 07:57:52

I'm quite a bit younger than TM, people generally think I'm early 30s I'm late 30s. There must be lots of other people happily wearing it right? Or have they all banished it to a drawer?!

ilovecherries Mon 04-Dec-17 08:04:56

See, I'm late 50s. And while I don't dress like TM day to day (much prefer to live in Hush) , I worry that my corporate meeting look is scarily close on occasion. I think when you are so much younger, you could style it in a way that would be so different people wouldn't make a connection. And it IS a lovely necklace. I sometimes wonder if Amanda Wakely blesses or curses the connection grin

Noeuf Mon 04-Dec-17 08:05:03

Upload a photo And we can tell you if we instantly think TM?

MorrisZapp Mon 04-Dec-17 08:07:06

I watch the news and stuff but unless the necklace has Brexit Means Brexit stamped on it I can't imagine associating any jewellery with Theresa May.

glitterbiscuits Mon 04-Dec-17 08:11:07

I can spot Theresa style a mile off. Share the photo and I will use my radar.

I once saw my lovely jacket on Anne Widicome. It went to the charity shop the next weekend.

Noeuf Mon 04-Dec-17 08:12:30

Hmm I would never wear leopard print kitten heels 😂

JoanaE Mon 04-Dec-17 11:18:50

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

smashyourglasses Mon 04-Dec-17 11:21:31

No. I wouldn't buy anything that nasty bastard wears confused

LilyRoseMum Mon 04-Dec-17 11:50:53

If you love it then you should definitely go for it! What about the rose or yellow gold versions? I think the rose is especially fab!

RoseWhiteTips Mon 04-Dec-17 12:10:28

Big clunky “statement” necklaces are just awful.

tinkerbellvspredator Mon 04-Dec-17 19:11:12

Here's an image (I just waded through lots of Google images of necklaces and TM in various outfits and no other images of real people wearing it).

I have started wearing leopard print ballet flats. I'm doomed aren't I? I don't wear jackets though (or leather trousers)!

I like the idea of changing to Rose Gold, though colour wouldn't go with at least one of my dresses I was planning - blue/green - maybe I could pretend the clash is on trend? disclaimer: I have no idea what is on trend

The silver is currently out of stock so must be being bought by someone my DH

Noeuf Mon 04-Dec-17 19:31:03

Against bare skin or fabric? I'm not sure I love it, it's a bit like a bike chain. I do like necklaces, but I guess you want that one and not suggestions.

It doesn't scream TM but with your current transitioning via kitten heels, hmmmm

Noeuf Mon 04-Dec-17 19:32:32

For example, I prefer this

tinkerbellvspredator Mon 04-Dec-17 19:40:26

Bare skin. I like the chunkness. Buy i am short / petite. Maybe it'd be too big for me anyway.

Bombardier25966 Mon 04-Dec-17 19:46:42

I can't imagine enjoying a present knowing that cow has worn the same thing whilst putting thousands of children into poverty.

BuzzKillington Mon 04-Dec-17 19:55:33

Some hilarious comments!

I don't like it, sorry - but not because I dislike (or like) TM, I just don't like chunky necklaces.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now