Talk

Advanced search

What size bra do I need, please?

(6 Posts)
Catabogus Sun 03-Dec-17 20:38:33

Please help - I urgently need to buy a nursing bra. Everything I’ve seen online says I need to add 4 inches to my under-bust measurement, and I know that’s not right, but I don’t know what size I DO need!

My under-bust measurement is 34 inches and my bust measurement is 45 inches. What size bra do I need?

Also, any good recommendations for a nice underwired nursing bra would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Laquila Sun 03-Dec-17 20:50:32

My favourite underwired nursing bra was the Anita 5068 - seamless and v comfy with just the right amount of stretch. I tried a padded one from Amoralia but wasn’t that impressed - it was basically too padded. For wireless bras I loved the Bravado Silk - now that’s a comfortable bra!!

Visit Boob or Bust for advice on measuring. What dress size are you? It generally seems that a size 10-12 will probably need a 30-32 back band, a 12-14 will probably need a 32-34 etc. People who’ve been wearing the wrong size will generally need to go up a cup size or two, so if you’ve got a big dept store near you you could go and try a few in back band as suggested above/cup size two bigger than you usually wear and take it from there?!

dementedpixie Sun 03-Dec-17 20:52:13

34H i get (i think)

dementedpixie Sun 03-Dec-17 20:53:38

thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.co.uk/p/fitting-advice.html?m=1

Catabogus Sun 03-Dec-17 22:45:13

Thank you! That Anita bra looks perfect but if I really am a 34H <faints> then I don’t think it goes big enough. Apparently the sizing is different from normal UK sizes and the I cup is really only a G.

KatharinaRosalie Mon 04-Dec-17 13:00:22

You're right, Anita skips double letters. Freya Pure is underwired and comes in your size

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now