Talk

Advanced search

cheap plus size thermals/ski wear?

(6 Posts)
allaboutthatsass Sun 03-Dec-17 20:09:39

I'm off to reykjavik in February so looking online for warm clothing. Thinking of maybe ski wear and thermal t-shirts/vests except I can't find anything in my size sad

I'm a plus size 18. I haven't worn standard sizes for years now so no idea what that is in 'normal' sizes. A 20? or a 22?

Every shop I'm looking at only goes up to a 14, maybe a 16. The likes of North Face are really expensive. I'm only going for 5 days so really don't want to spend a lot but do want to be warm.

What shops do MNetters recommend please?

badbadhusky Sun 03-Dec-17 20:15:03

Mountain Warehouse goes up to a 20 in their merino baselayers and are roomy.

Lana bambini also go up to plus sizes in their merino thermals and have a nice choice of styles and colours.

I also picked up some very cheap merino and polyester thermals in the Blacks online sale recently. Check the size chart - the XL+ sizes relate to larger/plus dress sizes.

AprilLady Sun 03-Dec-17 20:43:55

Look at Uniqlo Heattech clothing maybe?. It’s reasonably priced and goes up to an XXL which I think is probably an 18/20. They are great as a warm base layer. They also do good lightweight down jackets which can be worn as an extra layer under another coat if needed.

Shadow01 Sun 03-Dec-17 20:50:48

Mountain Warehouse goes up to 20 in either merino or their talus baselayers and 22 in ski wear.

bingohandjob Sun 03-Dec-17 21:01:56

Uniqlo heattech is wonderful. Worth a look here as well www.dare2b.com/womens/base-layers/

badbadhusky Sun 03-Dec-17 22:18:24

What do you do for a mid-layer on your bottom half if you can’t wear cotton due to low temperatures? Would trashy cotton-free velour joggers work?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now