Talk

Advanced search

cheap plus size thermals/ski wear?

(6 Posts)
allaboutthatsass Sun 03-Dec-17 20:09:39

I'm off to reykjavik in February so looking online for warm clothing. Thinking of maybe ski wear and thermal t-shirts/vests except I can't find anything in my size sad

I'm a plus size 18. I haven't worn standard sizes for years now so no idea what that is in 'normal' sizes. A 20? or a 22?

Every shop I'm looking at only goes up to a 14, maybe a 16. The likes of North Face are really expensive. I'm only going for 5 days so really don't want to spend a lot but do want to be warm.

What shops do MNetters recommend please?

badbadhusky Sun 03-Dec-17 20:15:03

Mountain Warehouse goes up to a 20 in their merino baselayers and are roomy.

Lana bambini also go up to plus sizes in their merino thermals and have a nice choice of styles and colours.

I also picked up some very cheap merino and polyester thermals in the Blacks online sale recently. Check the size chart - the XL+ sizes relate to larger/plus dress sizes.

AprilLady Sun 03-Dec-17 20:43:55

Look at Uniqlo Heattech clothing maybe?. It’s reasonably priced and goes up to an XXL which I think is probably an 18/20. They are great as a warm base layer. They also do good lightweight down jackets which can be worn as an extra layer under another coat if needed.

Shadow01 Sun 03-Dec-17 20:50:48

Mountain Warehouse goes up to 20 in either merino or their talus baselayers and 22 in ski wear.

bingohandjob Sun 03-Dec-17 21:01:56

Uniqlo heattech is wonderful. Worth a look here as well www.dare2b.com/womens/base-layers/

badbadhusky Sun 03-Dec-17 22:18:24

What do you do for a mid-layer on your bottom half if you can’t wear cotton due to low temperatures? Would trashy cotton-free velour joggers work?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: