Talk

Advanced search

Leather biker jackets

(7 Posts)
Chattermummy Sun 03-Dec-17 08:36:20

So I finally caved and ordered myself a much coveted biker jacket from All Saints, a Bales I think. Checked online and model was definitely 5’9” so jacket will fit - or so I thought.

Not a chance, at 5’11” it barely reached the end of my rib cage. It was too short on the sleeves and far too short on the body. Looked bloody ridiculous like I had on my kids coat.

So does anybody know anywhere I can get get a plain leather biker style jacket from that will fit a tall person.

HickoryDickoryDot Sun 03-Dec-17 11:33:58

Out of curiosity, what size did you get your Bales in? I bought a 12 and really need a 14, but they're out of stock everywhere! Customer services tells me there's only one size 14 in stock in the whole country - in Belfast!

I think MuuBaa is a good brand for tall ladies! Or Topshop tall?

userofthiswebsite Sun 03-Dec-17 14:56:38

I tried on the Bales in Selfridges as they're quite hyped on here. I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. I've 3 leathers from Boda Skins. Since I bought mine, I am aware that they've bought out a tall range.
www.bodaskins.com/women
They are visible on the above link.

Glitteryfrog Sun 03-Dec-17 16:17:03

I'm 5'8 with long arms, my leather jacket is muubaa.
I picked one with the sleeves looking long on the model.
I got mine with 70% off in the sale I think?

ABuckToothedGirlinLuxembourg Sun 03-Dec-17 17:35:13

I’m your height most of mine are whistles. Got some muubaa ones too and they are shorter in the body.

Lucked Sun 03-Dec-17 21:20:59

Well the post office have lost my Massimo Dutti one 😕, hopefully they will find it tomorrow and I will be able to report back.

MainliningChocolate Sun 03-Dec-17 21:37:02

6 ft 1 and mine is 7 for all mankind, sleeves are perfect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now