Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Please help me!!

(6 Posts)
Iamchanging Sat 02-Dec-17 22:34:26

Hi all,
In desperate need of help please! Through a combination of circumstances (mainly greed!) I have managed to put about three stone on over the last couple of years and none of my clothes fit me. I got pregnant so bought some maternity clothes to see me through, but tragically my baby girl was stillborn almost 8 weeks ago.

Anyway long story short, somehow I’ve managed to just get offered a new job which is very senior (board level.) I start in Jan and really need to look the part, but I honestly look horrific in everything I try. I decided to throw money at it and bought some Karen Millen dresses online, which looked awful! I’m most comfortable in my jersey maternity wrap dresses which I’m still wearing 😳 but they won’t cut the mustard for this job - has anyone got any advice/recommendations?

I’m 5 foot 3, size 14 with big boobs, huge thighs and bum and smallish waist if that helps. I only feel comfortable in dresses due to thigh size, and HATE shopping!! Thank you!

letsdolunch321 Sat 02-Dec-17 22:38:15

Hi there,

Sorry to read of your loss, congratulations on the job, have you looked at Bon Prix they have some nice dresses xx

Good luck with the job x

JoJoSM2 Sat 02-Dec-17 22:39:33

With a board level job, could you just stick to a dark suits and white blouses/shirts?

BagelGoesWalking Sun 03-Dec-17 00:15:45

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.

I would go to your nearest city and do a personal shopper thingy. I've read that many ppl have found a lot of new stuff that they never would have chosen to even try on. Might be easier to let someone do the hard work for you...

Best of luck in your new job. thanks

Nettletheelf Sun 03-Dec-17 10:49:01

Sorry for your sad experience.

Yes, see a personal shopper. Incidentally, at size 14 your thighs and bum will not be huge, so don’t put yourself down. Good luck with your new job.

ZaZathecat Sun 03-Dec-17 11:20:51

flowers
How about a smart jacket over the jersey dresses you have to smarten them up?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: