Talk

Advanced search

Please help! I need a coat; it has to be practical, preferably mid thigh, I am a size 12/14 with large bust and I can't find anything! 😞

(6 Posts)
Swifey Sat 02-Dec-17 22:07:58

I want it for taking the dc to school, so that even if I've got old jeans on I still look smart. We live in the country, and school involves a lot of mud getting in and out of the car, and I often have to carry my toddler who may/may not have muddy boots. I have a very warm wax cotton dog walking coat with a lining, and a lovely Timothy Foxx fitted jacket, and a full length cashmere/wool camel coat, so I need something in between. It needs to be fitted as I am fairly hourglass (a bit chumpy at the mo) and not black. I want to spend no more than about £150. Am I wishing for something that doesn't exist. Oh, and it needs to be warm! confused
Tia.

Swifey Sat 02-Dec-17 22:21:57

Dh has just told me he'll buy one for me for Christmas, so any help would be greatly appreciated. smile

FreeButtonBee Sat 02-Dec-17 22:26:36

I can offer up the aigle cuckmere (or whatever the latest version is). Not cheap but I’ve had mine for 4 years of hard wearing (3 kids under 5!) and it has done me proud. I might replace it next year as the bottom zip is starting to slide up but I’d defo consider replacing with the same one! I am a solid 12, 5’3 and busty (32 F) and it fits great.

Swifey Sat 02-Dec-17 22:28:31

Ooh thanks, I'll have a quick search for that now! smile

Tatapie Sat 02-Dec-17 22:29:02

Check out Lands End. I'm really pleased with my new coat - http://www.landsend.co.uk/WomensLuxee_DownCoat/pp/PP_38067.html?cgid=126544476&dwvarr_P380677_color=%20HME.

There are always promos around so I paid £90 for this recently. They are generously sized.

Swifey Sat 02-Dec-17 22:31:37

I like the coat, but it's more than I want to spend really, and I'm not enamoured by the amount of fur on the hood. Lovely shape coat though. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now