Advanced search

Dull Saturday night question - good hairdryer please?

(12 Posts)
Justfivemoreminutesplease Sat 02-Dec-17 20:09:02

Hairdryer has just died on me - any good recommendations please? It gets pretty good use and I'm fed up of just buying cheap feeling 'tinny' ones, so don't have a clue about how much to spend or now look for? Any recommendations please? And what's a normal amount to spend on it please??

whoareyoukidding Sat 02-Dec-17 20:10:56

I have the dyson which is expensive and probably just about worth it, I know there's people on mumsnet who swear by parlux which are apparently v good and cost around £70.

Justfivemoreminutesplease Sat 02-Dec-17 20:58:15

Fab - I'll have a google! Thanks

Loonoonow Sat 02-Dec-17 22:12:56

A lot depends on what look you want from a dryer. I bought a Dyson but didn't get on with it. I have shoulder length, layered hair and I like to dry it with a lot of volume, root lift and movement. I found the Dyson made it so smooth and sleek it looked flat. It was very shiny, but just not the look I wanted. Luckily if you buy direct from Dyson they will send a courier to collect it if you change your mind within a month, so after much experimentation I eventually returned it for a full refund. I went back to my `Parlux compact and am very happy with it.

My 20-something, student DD was devastated that I sent it back; smooth,sleek, flat and shiny is her preferred look but there was no way she could afford £300.00 for a Dyson of her own. When her birthday rolled around she asked everyone to buy her boots gift cards and with those, saved up advantage card points and some overtime at her summer job she has finally got her own Dyson.

Hammy12345 Sat 02-Dec-17 22:16:38

I have the GHD hairdryer. Was more expensive than my usual one, but much cheaper than the Dyson. I have been really pleased with it. I know some people say GHD quality has gone downhill in recent years, but I haven't found that with this. It is nice and lightweight, powerful and does the job!

Pandapenguin Sat 02-Dec-17 23:08:38

The T3 ones are amazing

WhooooAmI24601 Sat 02-Dec-17 23:21:55

Parlux are very good and fairly cheap. The Dyson is incredible, though, and cuts down drying time by around 50% for me.

UnicornMadeOfPinkGlitter Sat 02-Dec-17 23:26:11

Ghd it's fab. They have the plain black one on offer on the ghd website

ramonaquimby Sat 02-Dec-17 23:26:41

we have 2 GHD hairdryers, 3 teen daughters with long hair and me. they have been great - had both for about 4 years and no problems at all. i think like with most things you get what you pay for

BeaLola Sun 03-Dec-17 00:47:03

Re parlux - be careful they only have a 6 month warranty (I boug from Parlux online) and whilst mine has lasted longer when it went wrong I was surprised by the limited warranty.

SpeckledyHen Sun 03-Dec-17 06:17:29

Parlux . The best hairdryer I have ever owned .

Justfivemoreminutesplease Sun 03-Dec-17 07:09:03

Thanks all. I have dull fine shoulder length hair and so drying it is a quick blast in the morning. However neither DD are fans so need something quick. I'd never heard of Parlux before so thanks for that - although it's annoying that it seems to be online only. Might go and have a wander over at ghd

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now