Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Essie gel

(8 Posts)
AlexaAmbidextra Sat 02-Dec-17 19:50:21

What is this nail varnish like? How do you remove it?

chipsandpeas Sat 02-Dec-17 19:56:18

i like it, lasts a long time - it comes off with normal nail varnish

AlexaAmbidextra Sat 02-Dec-17 21:06:41

Thanks. I'll give it a go then if it comes off with normal remover. Just didn't fancy having to soak it off in some sort of chemical.

carrie74 Sat 02-Dec-17 21:25:40

Yup I really like it too, I have a few of the colours, the vampish dark dark red is brilliant, lasts up to a week and comes off with normal nail varnish.

chloechloe Sat 02-Dec-17 21:27:01

I've been wanting to try this for ages but the gel top coat is never ever in stock when I look in the shops!

OneOfTheGrundys Sat 02-Dec-17 21:40:14

Ah, Essie. How do I love you? Let me count the ways... the gel top coat is awesome. Lasts me a week at least and my hands work hard in that time!

rightknockered Sat 02-Dec-17 22:10:17

I can't get my head around not using a base coat

ilovecherries Sun 03-Dec-17 00:00:40

I love it. Normally a sneeze will blow half my nail varnish off, Essie Gel Couture lasts at least a week, and even even I only take it off because of the speed of my nail growth, rather than chips. It does need a remover with acetone - I tried it with one without, and it didn't budge, but with the acetone one, just ropes off.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: