Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Can you tell if a celeb has veneers on their teeth

(19 Posts)
MeghanMarkleNetdotcom Fri 01-Dec-17 21:12:07

Look, I know I need to get out more but ...

Do you reckon age-defyingLizHurley and Kate Middleton have had veneers

MeghanMarkleNetdotcom Fri 01-Dec-17 21:59:25

Bump - cos I'm thinking of having them but worry they'll look fake

Ummmmgogo Fri 01-Dec-17 22:02:22

they look fake more often than they look nice imo. you only get one set of teeth don't get veneers unless the dentist has said there's no other option for you. xx

RJnomore1 Fri 01-Dec-17 22:04:49

Yes if you go too white. My veneers match the colour of my natural teeth so they're much less obvious.

IMO both those photos are veneered

WipsGlitter Fri 01-Dec-17 22:13:40

Yes to both.

specialsubject Fri 01-Dec-17 22:13:41

Too white . not too bad on these two but many look like a horse with a piano in its mouth. Apparently attractive in america....

LightastheBreeze Fri 01-Dec-17 22:16:06

You could end up looking like Rylan

SunshineTheMonkey Fri 01-Dec-17 22:24:40

Yes I can tell and yes they both have.

Usernom1234567890 Fri 01-Dec-17 22:35:57

From a professional perspective:Kate looks like she's had fixed orthodontics and bleaching.

Liz Hurley has got either crowns or veneers; but they appear to be excellent quality ( from a distance, obviously haven't looked close up or under the dental lamp).

You'd be mad to contemplate anything destructive like veneers or crowns, unless clinically necessary. Very real chance of these teeth then losing vitality - becoming root canals/ post-crowns / implants.

TigerBreadAddict Fri 01-Dec-17 22:44:25

I agree Usernom.
Hurley veneers and Middleton good orthodontics and bleaching.

TillyVonMilly Fri 01-Dec-17 22:48:00

Hollywood teeth fgrin

BrassicaBabe Sat 02-Dec-17 06:49:39

I like a chuckle about Hollywood types whose teeth resemble a toilet! (Bright white porcelain grin) It’s especially funny when you can spot the sudden end to cosmetic dentistry. Crown, crown, crown, ooh look, natural tooth!!

Blodplod Sat 02-Dec-17 07:06:45

I’ve got veneers. Everyone I’ve told that I have them are really surprised. You can get them to match your other teeth so they’re not bright white etc so they just look natural. However.... I regret having them in some ways. Whilst I’ve had no problems whatsoever with them I do cringe about the destruction to my actual teeth beneath them. I know it sounds stupid but I didn’t really know what they were going to do to my own teeth. Someone I know now has perfect teeth, she had many many problems caused by gum disease. She went for a Invisalign brace then had gaps filled in with composite fillings - sorry to all dentists if I’ve got that a bit wrong - I’m just going with what I remember her telling me! I would advise you to do a lot of research first as to the best option for you.

MeghanMarkleNetdotcom Sat 02-Dec-17 12:04:40

I'm looking into bonding now rather than veneers but it looks to be too good to be true.

CoolCarrie Sat 02-Dec-17 12:36:52

The rule of thumb seems to be that you shouldn't got any brighter or whiter than the whites of your eyes when having any teeth replacement, veneers etc, or they will look very fake.

BringMeTea Sat 02-Dec-17 12:48:11

Do you think Eileen off Coronation Street has had work? smile

www.mumsnet.com/uploads/talk/201604/large-216614-image.jpeg

mirren3 Sat 02-Dec-17 12:57:04

What about celebs who only get the top teeth done? Mary Berry is a prime example of this look.

omBreROSE Sat 02-Dec-17 14:29:12

Eileen? No... ;)

bananafish81 Sat 02-Dec-17 14:38:11

I had ABB (alignment bleach bonding) - would choose this over veneers any day

I wore an aligner for 3 months and straightened my tombstone teeth up perfectly, and the bleach and bonding didn't ruin my natural teeth

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: