Talk

Advanced search

What does 'Normal' skin feel like?

(6 Posts)
HemanOrSheRa Fri 01-Dec-17 19:30:50

I know it's a weird question but I'm 45 and always had greasy/very greasy skin. Sometimes so bad that I have had to wash my fringe mid afternoon from forehead grease and foundation/concealer would be gone in a few hours.

In the past couple of months I've started to use The Ordinary and a couple of Korean products. My skin is MUCH better, in fact today I realised it is hardly oily at all. Does a normal skin type get oily? What does it feel like at different stages of the day?

I have a very slight amount of oil coming through now but my make up is still on shock. I apologise for the weird question but I'm worried about going TOO FAR and looking like a shrivelled apple grin.

dogrilla Fri 01-Dec-17 19:49:53

What are you using!?! I need whatever it is! Have the greasiest hair and skin - am shiny by mid-morning and could never contemplate a fringe. Have started experimenting with a 'dewy' look and embracing the shine, as a matte look makes me look old, but still need to blot regularly.

Mulberrysilk Fri 01-Dec-17 20:05:46

I have normal skin. It's not dry or oily. It looks/feels pretty much the same at any time of day or night. You will not look like a shriveled apple. You're just not used to skin that isn't oily.

HemanOrSheRa Fri 01-Dec-17 20:06:49

It's horrible isn't it dogrilla? I've found it more embarrassing in the last couple of years as my skin has gone haywire (perimenopause) and it PUMPS out grease. Literally like a teenager complete with spots/pimples AND wrinkles.

I use The Ordinary: Hyaluronic Acid first, then the Niacinamide followed by Natural Moisturizing Factors (NMF) then sunscreen. At night I do the same but use Azelaic acid instead or as well as the NMF. I use their AHA/BHA peel once or twice a week. I use saliycic acid on problem areas.

I've always used Elemis cleansers and toners but recently switched to two Korean cleansers - Heimish balm and Corsx good morning cleanser (face wash).

I'm just worried about going too dry AND having cyst like spots. I really do not know what a normal skin type feels like/acts.

HemanOrSheRa Fri 01-Dec-17 20:16:39

Ah cross post with you Mulberry. Thank you. You are right, of course, I'm not used to it! I have used some very harsh products on my skin over the years in order to control the oil and I'm worried as that has never ended well sad. This seems too good to be true!

Tantpoke Sat 02-Dec-17 05:06:18

When you use products that are too harsh they strip your natural oil so your body over compensates hence your super oily skin.

Looks like you have it under control now, so it's not to good to be true, its just that you've found what suits your skin.

Also your cleansers are important to its great you also found new ones that suit.

Enjoy your new skin fsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now