Talk

Advanced search

Help me expand my jewellery horizons?

(10 Posts)
LavenderHills Fri 01-Dec-17 14:46:29

A close friend gets a 50% discount at Georg Jensen and is kind enough to share it, so when I can afford it I've been slowly establishing a collection of nice earrings, pendants etc. I'm not talking mad spending; but maybe up to €1000 once or twice a year.

I get a lot of pleasure out of nice jewellery and would like to start expanding my horizons and maybe try some smaller, newer designers, but I'm not sure where to start.

I have quite classic tastes and need to dress conservatively for work. I favour rose gold, pearls (both black and white), dark-coloured stones (engagement ring is a dark green sapphire, for eg.) and simple lines.

Does anyone have recommendations? Many thanks in advance smile

slug Fri 01-Dec-17 15:56:43

I love contemporary pieces and prefer to buy them at source from the jewellers. I particularly like Jenny Llewellyn's stuff which is very wearable, especially the smaller pieces. I also have a few Paul Finch pieces

LavenderHills Fri 01-Dec-17 17:40:40

Ooh, those are some interesting links, thanks @slug! I quite like the look of some of the blue and green Jennifer Llewellyn pieces...

CountFosco Fri 01-Dec-17 18:24:51

Alison Moore does lovely jewellery, think she's my favourite of the Orkney jewellers at the moment. I got stacking rings with my children's birthstones from there in rose gold, they are gorgeous. If there's something you want that's a bit of a mix of things on the website they can make to order so it's always worth asking if you want something specific.

Gatekeeper Fri 01-Dec-17 18:32:22

Ohhh that Alison Moore jewellery is beautiful

RubbishMantra Fri 01-Dec-17 18:44:22

Ooh, have a look at Maria Tash and Astley Clarke.

AnaViaSalamanca Fri 01-Dec-17 20:12:06

I like noor fares pieces a lot

LavenderHills Sat 02-Dec-17 09:47:05

Ooh @AnaViaSalamanca, I've just fallen down a Noor Fares rabbit hole! Some of these pieces are absolutely stunning.

LavenderHills Sat 02-Dec-17 09:59:40

Thanks @RubbishMantra! Astley Clarke has some rose gold hoops studded with black diamonds that are going on my Christmas list! fsmile

RubbishMantra Sat 02-Dec-17 10:27:59

I gave myself the tiny white diamond and yellow gold hoops for Christmas, Lavender, generous soul that I am! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now