Talk

Advanced search

Another bra size help thread.

(8 Posts)
Mountsnowdon Fri 01-Dec-17 09:55:53

Hi, I’m currently wearing a 30e or 28f. I have noticed these are a bit big in the cup so remeasured myself using the boob or bust calculator. This has said I should try a 28dd or 28e as I fall in between the two sizes. My concern is that a 28f digs in badly and is very uncomfortable so I have had to start wearing one of those back extender things with it to make it comfortable. Surely a 28dd or e would be just as painful? Can anyone advise what size might be best to try. According to the calculator my ideal sizes are 26f or ff but it has recommended the 28 back due to 26 not being readily available.

FairfaxAikman Fri 01-Dec-17 09:58:33

Boob or bust had me at 38L!
I went to Bravissimo, who don't use tape measures, and got a perfectly fitted 38GG.

Mountsnowdon Fri 01-Dec-17 10:07:02

Oh wow that’s a very different size. Maybe they are not the best calculator to use.

FairfaxAikman Fri 01-Dec-17 10:47:31

I was actually in tears over the L measurement as I'm normally an E, but pregnancy boobs and all that.
They look at how it fits, rather than the number/letters on the label.
They also look at how your breast tissue sits, so I ended up with a plunge bra, which I would normally have passed over (even when not pregnant) as something I would fall out of.
My boobs have gone from my knees to my ears and my confidence with it.
Highly recommend them.

Mountsnowdon Fri 01-Dec-17 11:30:47

If I can get to them I’ll give them a try but I’m a good hour from any of their shops so I’m not sure I will get near one. It’s a shame as I’ve used them before and found them pretty good.

Mountsnowdon Fri 01-Dec-17 21:23:12

Anyone else got any idea what size I should try?

John89 Fri 01-Dec-17 21:24:58

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

user1487372252 Fri 01-Dec-17 21:52:00

Bravissimo do this thing when they're fitting you where, once your bra is on they pull the underwire under your arm back a bit so it's fully under your arm then lift cup at front from underneath and place boob into cup. All this makes sure your boob is fully in the cup. Then you can adjust straps to make sure it's fitted against you. Don't know how well I've described it but it def makes a difference to how well your bra fits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now