Talk

Advanced search

Kids coats for this cold weather??

(31 Posts)
sammy891 Thu 30-Nov-17 22:35:56

Any recommendations where to get warm coats for the kids? They are 5 & 6 years old and the school run is getting quite cold! Thanks x

megletthesecond Thu 30-Nov-17 22:36:46

We always go to Trespass. They're waterproof and warm.

megletthesecond Thu 30-Nov-17 22:37:02

We always go to Trespass. They're waterproof and warm.

sweetkitty Thu 30-Nov-17 22:37:40

I like the ones they have on Fat Face

Misty9 Thu 30-Nov-17 22:41:18

I've just bought ds a lovely warm parka with a fluffy hood from John Lewis. Dd has a fab two part coat from mountain warehouse with a fleece and waterproof jacket, and they always have sales on.

Mrmoonmrmoon Thu 30-Nov-17 22:43:00

Mountain warehouse - good value and often have reductions on prices

BumWad Thu 30-Nov-17 22:44:00

DS has a padded one from mountain warehouse, it’s lovely.

Also check out lands end.

PenelopePear Thu 30-Nov-17 22:44:00

Uniqlo do lovely down filled ones and my 11 year old has one of those. Great value

sammy891 Thu 30-Nov-17 23:03:54

Thanks everyone will have a look at mountain warehouse and lands end as they don't like the puffy styles so hopefully these should be warm without the bulk.

sammy891 Thu 30-Nov-17 23:05:01

Will also look at Trespass as there are some on Amazon so we can get them quicker with next day delivery.

SpottyGecko Fri 01-Dec-17 03:43:18

Polarn o pyret are great. Pricey tho! Though you can get them cheaper on eBay

hendricksyousay Fri 01-Dec-17 07:13:50

I've got my son matalan big coats in the past which are super warm and waterproof which is rare . They do them every year . I have bought this years but I've also bought a down filled puffa from next for him which is very soft and comfortable for him but really warm too!

TidyLike Sat 02-Dec-17 22:10:17

Quechua coats from Decathlon are great value. Got my DD a waterproof and wind proof hiking coat with a zip-out fleece lining (so good for summer rain too) for £24.

Tantpoke Sun 03-Dec-17 00:54:30

Yes DS has a waterproof coat with a fleece lining that zips in, suits his internal microclimate well.

sammy891 Sun 03-Dec-17 09:10:45

I tried the Lands End Squall ones for kids but they don't seem warm enough for the chilliest of mornings and now ordered some from Trespass and Regatta. Hopefully those are better!

hendricksyousay Sun 03-Dec-17 10:55:11

https://www.matalan.co.uk/product/detail/s2656145_c128/boys-hooded-parka-3-13yrs-blue. This is the matalan one I said about . It comes in lots of colours and inside is really padded . My son isn't wearing it yet because it's not cold enough here .. it's waterproof too which is unusual for warm coats ... I've bought one for my son every year so far and always sell it on for £10 after a whole winter so it's great Value !!

sammy891 Sun 03-Dec-17 11:21:37

Thanks hendricksyousay! That one looks perfect and warm.

Silverstreaks Sun 03-Dec-17 18:21:38

Sainsburys are worth looking at. DD last school coat was thick, warm, waterproof and long length. They've usually got a good range of boys and girls coats.

hendricksyousay Sun 03-Dec-17 18:26:19

@sammy891 .. great .. I like it because it doesn't look like a technical coat , just a normal coat you would wear and yet it's warm and waterproof .. also a great price!! If you aren't signed up online then do it as they always offer discounts and do click and collect too !

calamityjam Sun 03-Dec-17 18:27:33

Next have some lovely coats in at the moment. Ds 10 had a gorgeous bright red one with fur around the hood. He has lost it somewhere so I replaced it with a cheap black one from Tesco which was fine for school. He lost that too. Mil bought him a really nice one from TK max but I can't remember the make, they seem to have quite a few in our local one for little ones.

carolhere Sun 03-Dec-17 18:31:19

Did you have a look on vertbaudet.co.uk? They have quite a good range there too. If you are looking for really warm coats, then coolantarctica.com is the best place to check them out.

Tour Sun 03-Dec-17 22:08:32

Have a look at gap. Both dc have their down parkas. They look great and keep them warm and dry.

sammy891 Sun 03-Dec-17 22:16:54

Thanks everyone. How does Vertbaudet sizing come up? I've never bought anything from them and wondering if I need to size up?

PurplePillowCase Sun 03-Dec-17 22:18:12

decathlon hiking coats.
waterproof & warm.
come up relatively small.

DeathMetalMum Sun 03-Dec-17 22:18:13

M&S all the kids coats have storm wear with is enough to keep dd's dry one the school run and warm at the same time. We've had various coats, one from Regatta - zip went faulty, tkmaxx, aldi (yas I know) another faulty zip and probably a few other places usually with rubbish hoods.

We went with M&S this year as dd's have both had hand me down coats from M&S from sil which have been perfect even after having been worn by someone before. Also under £30 so not a total bank braker.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now