Advanced search

This type of shoe works with this style of dress, right?

(22 Posts)
JesusTapdancingChrist Thu 30-Nov-17 21:07:07

Have a big night out tomorrow and am fairly set on wearing this Collectif dress which I really love and feel incredible in.

Shoes are always an issue as I just cannot walk in any heels that are slip on (so classic courts are out) or in any way delicate/strappy/dainty. Have to have some kind of strap holding my foot in iyswim.

Have shoes like these, they work with the dress don't they? (They're also super comfy which is a huge bonus).

Will be bare legged for reference but am shorter than the model so dress comes to below knee.

Other options are limited so would probably have to go to town and buy new and really don't fancy wearing virgin shoes on a night out. Ouch!

NachoAddict Thu 30-Nov-17 21:09:32

That dress is gorgeous. I would wear something strappy myself but the model os wearing similar shoes to yours so it must be ok.

PossibiliTea Thu 30-Nov-17 21:09:54

Love the dress that’s gorgeous! I think if you aren’t wearing tights it will go, with it being midi dress (by the looks of it?) is usually say more strappy shoes than full, but they are lovely shoes.

Sorry just realised that’s no help at all!

LadyOfTheCanyon Thu 30-Nov-17 21:11:44

Gorgeous dress! But bare legged? Have you not been outside, woman? You'll catch your death!

PyrexDishes Thu 30-Nov-17 21:12:38

love that dress, especially the length. the shoes too look perfect.

JesusTapdancingChrist Thu 30-Nov-17 21:14:53

Thanks all.

Really wish I could do strappy Nacho but I just cant. Have learned that the hard way (including getting taxi home from night out just to change shoes before heading back to town).

Lady I'm not planning being outside for more than a few minutes between bars and I'm wearing a huge fur coat so should be fine grin.

SpoonfulOfJam Thu 30-Nov-17 22:12:40

I think dress and shoes would look great together, with black tights. I'm a fan of black tights though, love this time of year for getting my tights covered legs out.

allinclusive Thu 30-Nov-17 22:14:43

They look lovely together x

Nettletheelf Fri 01-Dec-17 08:34:52

Go with the bare legs. I do the same on nights out this time of year. Re the shoes, I’d suggest a t strap sandal instead of the closed toe Mary Jane shoes. They don’t quite go; the dress is sexy but the shoes are kind of saucy schoolteacher and are designed to make a staid outfit look a bit more glam, if you see what I mean?

Anybody brave enough for bare legs in December can 100% pull off an open toe with varnished toenails.

JesusTapdancingChrist Fri 01-Dec-17 08:51:29

Thanks Nettle.

It's not about pulling off the look. I literally can't walk in shoes that don't have a strap. I have to curl my toes to hold my feet in place (and yes this is with shoes that are the correct size 😂) and end up hobbling around in a most unglamorous fashion.

I get that the dress might look better with prettier shoes but 'doesn't quite go' is preferable to me than a last minute shopping trip for shoes I can't walk in.

This is the same dress in red with shoes that are almost identical to mine so if it's good enough for the Collectif model, I reckon it can work for me too🤞.

0ccamsRazor Fri 01-Dec-17 09:58:17

Very lovely outfit Op, shoes will look fab with that dress.

AnyFucker Fri 01-Dec-17 10:06:18

That will look great

thepatchworkcat Fri 01-Dec-17 10:10:09

I’d wear those shoes with a dress like that, I’m the same with shoes, hate being uncomfortable or unable to walk properly! I’d go for tights at this time of year myself brrrrr

Nettletheelf Fri 01-Dec-17 10:40:31

I suggested t strap sandals because they have...straps across the instep! But I’m sure that you’ll look great regardless.

FlorenceLyons Fri 01-Dec-17 11:06:40

I think they go really well. Both have a sort of 50s starlet quality about them. You'll look fab!

specialsubject Fri 01-Dec-17 13:20:20

Those shoes look agony but at least they will stay on.

JesusTapdancingChrist Fri 01-Dec-17 18:30:39

Found these in a charity shop this morning and they're surprisingly comfy/easy to walk in.

Better than the original shoes do we think??

JesusTapdancingChrist Fri 01-Dec-17 18:43:41

Ifonlyiweretaller Fri 01-Dec-17 19:05:32

I definitely prefer those shoes (you look fab in that dress too!) - but will you be able to last all night in them?
I am similar to you in that i cant keep court shoes on (wide feet at the front but a narrow heel is apparently my problem!) so I prefer to wear a shoe with a strap as a rule. But I have discovered that putting double sided tape down the inside of court shoes will at least keep the shoes on, which has been a revelation to me!

lillybloom Fri 01-Dec-17 20:25:23

you look amazing! I love the dress and the shoes look great

JesusTapdancingChrist Fri 01-Dec-17 23:07:31

Currently in bar no.4 and they're holding up really well smile.

Feeling extra smug for having spent £2.99 on them.

Thanks everyone wine

PossibiliTea Sun 03-Dec-17 09:45:23

What a bargain you look fantastic! Hope you had a good time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now