Talk

Advanced search

What can i get with my MAC voucher

(14 Posts)
Rollerbird Thu 30-Nov-17 19:18:11

Ive got a £30 MAC voucher
I am 51, have a minimal make up routine (usuallly no foundation, sometimes a pore blurring thing and foundation (Boots)
I use an aldi serum
I like nail varnish (which i dont think they sell)
I am not a big lipstick person
My skin is dryish. I would like either a really quick foundation / tinted moisturiser i think.
Any ideas? Or shall i re-gift it?

Rollerbird Thu 30-Nov-17 22:40:34

Any mac recommendations?

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Thu 30-Nov-17 22:43:22

I treated myself to 2 Mac lipsticks last year, they're so moisturising I can use them as lipbalms. Don't have any of their other stuff but if the quality is the same you'll love it

IslingtonLou Thu 30-Nov-17 22:51:07

MAC has a massive collection, you can definitely find something new for £30

You can try a highlighter of which they have both creams and powders, still fits with your low makeup look

You can buy a neutral eyeshadow palette eg Dusky Rose Times Nine, or an eye pencil?

They have skincare too, so a new moisturiser or primer to help with your dryer skin? You could try fix+ which is a hydrating face mist

Face and Body foundation is iconic and buildable. Or one of their powder foundations.

violetbunny Fri 01-Dec-17 06:24:40

If your skin leans towards dryness and you're after a base product that's very low maintenance to use, I would go for either the Next to Nothing Face Colour (similar to a tinted moisturiser and very sheer) or the B.B. Beauty Balm (which is more like a regular tinted moisturiser and has a bit more coverage).

pinkblink Fri 01-Dec-17 07:00:02

Tendertalk lip balms are my staples, currently have pretty me up and candy wrapped on the go

Rollerbird Sun 03-Dec-17 21:13:01

Im going to try the bb beauty balm
I cant use the voucher online it seems, so will have to go into a store.

MrsWhirly Sun 03-Dec-17 21:14:55

You could buy a make-over session for £30 and then they deduct the £30 from what you buy. It's a good way to try products.

marthastew Sun 03-Dec-17 21:18:12

I love the Eye Khol in Teddy. It's a lovely bronzey brown. Good for everyday subtle eyeliner.

reservoircats Sun 03-Dec-17 21:24:04

They do have nail varnish! But I don't find the quality to be worth the price. Their concealers are very good if you need one.

Innermagic Sun 03-Dec-17 21:25:28

They do perfume as well

WhatIsGoingOnNow Mon 04-Dec-17 01:59:57

Based on what you said I would highly recommend the Face and body foundation. Much better than the BB

Rollerbird Tue 05-Dec-17 12:54:51

Heading to be shop now!

noshit Wed 06-Dec-17 22:12:22

MAC lippy - my favourite is called Twig. Love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now