Talk

Advanced search

Hair help please??

(2 Posts)
CaptainApollo Thu 30-Nov-17 16:32:08

Hi guys, I’m new around this board! I wonder if I could ask for some advice?

My hair is naturally very grey now and has been since I was 20 - so 20 years of dying roots every 3 or 4 weeks which is a pain. It was a very vibrant red and I had it cut last week from very long to a nice layered shaggy bob - loved it!

Fed up of dying it myself I asked the hairdresser for advice, I would have been happy to have an all over colour and come back once a month for roots. Anyway she said that she could do a full head of foils to lighten it up so the roots don’t show as much and then gradually blend it all in so it wouldn’t be so blocky and obvious when the roots come through. Thought great!

Had it done yesterday and the colour really lifted, it was really light and looked quite good until she put the toner on - it’s now a really drab mid brown and I feel like properly crying! My roots are not much less obvious and I feel like I could have done this myself with a colour remover and a box dye. I have washed it twice with head & shoulders to try to get some of the toner out and now it’s like straw but still the same colour.

Essentially I’ve paid £100 I could ill afford to have really drab hair that is destroyed from the bleach sad

Any ideas on what I can do with it? I can’t afford to go back to a salon, I’m so gutted sad I feel like using a colour stripper on it and dying it with a box dye but don’t want to make things worse!!

CaptainApollo Thu 30-Nov-17 16:32:32

God sorry that was ridiculously long!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now