Talk

Advanced search

Home gel nail kits

(4 Posts)
ABCDEFGHIJKMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ Thu 30-Nov-17 07:59:04

Thinking of asking for one for my Xmas present. Are they any good and do you need to buy load of other stuff to go with them (eg special polish and nail varnish remover etc)?

DisneylandDreams Thu 30-Nov-17 10:10:36

I have one - just the kit from Asda/Boots, with a UV lamp etc. I've only used it once so far, but that's mainly because I really don't have the time (with 4dc's, 2 with ASD, two part-time jobs, and studying an MA), but I was very impressed with the kit. It is easy to use, and it does last brilliantly well, but it is really difficult to get off if you don't have the right bits - I improvised the wraps with tin foil and cotton wool, and it was a PITA - although I may not have been using the right nail varnish remover. But yes, I'd go for it.

MsHarveySpecter Thu 30-Nov-17 10:18:53

Yes they're good and yes you need to buy the right varnish etc. If you don't file the top of your nails then they just peel off easily, but they don't last as long (a week as opposed to three weeks)

Blahblahblahzeeblah Thu 30-Nov-17 10:20:52

I got my own bits from Amazon. A UV LED light, set of prep &wipe solution and acetone for removal, lint free wipes, top and bottom coat and colours from blue sky. I think I spent about £30 and it lasts really well. I only tend to remove it because I don't like the regrowth getting too long.

I later spent £1.50 on some nail clips to hold the cotton wool in place for removing. It's a lot less fiddly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now