Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Charlotte tilbury new blusher has cracked!

(12 Posts)
mousemoose Wed 29-Nov-17 22:58:04

It was so new and barely used! Not dropped or anything, I am so cross as it was very expensive for me! Has this happened to anyone else? Can you complaint about this? (I know in the States you could get a replacement immediately, but fear i’d get sent away from the counter with a flea in my ear here if I complained).

citychick Wed 29-Nov-17 23:42:41

take the product and the receipt back to where u bought it and they should replace it.

if u dont have the receipt you might be out of lyck but worth a try

citychick Wed 29-Nov-17 23:43:28

out of luck. sorry

Tantpoke Wed 29-Nov-17 23:49:57

CT products are notoriously badly made so they will be aware that this is an issue.

ButteredScone Thu 30-Nov-17 06:47:42

All my Charlotte Tilbury products have been really poor quality. The lids didn't fit and the products dried out.

Sorry, that's not a lot of help.

Compared to say Bobbi Brown or Nars or similar, her products are flimsy. She spent all the money on marketing!

mousemoose Thu 30-Nov-17 19:08:43

It was John Lewis - might print out bank statement with sale on it and give replacement a try!

Floralmeadows Thu 30-Nov-17 19:09:41

John Lewis tend to be really good about returns.

PetiteMarseillaise Thu 30-Nov-17 19:11:08

Do you have a myJohnLewis card? If so and you used it when you bought the blusher, the purchase will be recorded on your loyalty card account.

ShirleyPhallus Thu 30-Nov-17 19:12:17

I’d give it a try. I have to say that this has never not happened to a powder palette - the round ones are the worst. Bobbi Brown, Mac, Nars, they have all cracked.

My Charlotte Tilbury stuff has all been amazing - the mascara has genuinely lasted for months and the concealer is better than touché eclat

justlurking1 Thu 30-Nov-17 19:15:00

I ordered a compact powder from JL that the postie dropped over my fence. It was cracked but John Lewis replaced without me having to return the broken one.

MissMarple11 Sat 02-Dec-17 02:05:15

If you haven't managed to get a refund try this. Worked for me.

thrifty.co.uk/how-to-mend-your-broken-make-up/

chatwoo Sat 02-Dec-17 02:34:00

JL are good with refunds. I had a mug arrive with the handle broken, and they despatched a new one immediately. And then despatched a second new one when the courier "lost" the first new one hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: