Talk

Advanced search

Can you recommend a home hair dye?

(9 Posts)
ACurlyWurly Wed 29-Nov-17 14:27:36

I would like to dye my hair for the festive period. i have naturally dark brown hair and haven't dyed it for about 8 years but fancy a bit of red through it.

Can anyone recommend a red dye that wont leave me with luminous hair, my friend just did hers and has gone bright red.

soupforbrains Wed 29-Nov-17 14:42:17

YES YES YES I can do exactly this because I too have brunette hair and dye mine a deep dark reddish colour

(sorry I'm a bit excited to actually be of use to someone on here haha)

I used the Garnier Olia hair dye in Dark Garnet 4.62 it works beautifully and has never turned my hair luminous. I have been using it for a year now and also Have blonder tips to my hair and it hasn't made those luminous either.

ACurlyWurly Wed 29-Nov-17 15:15:33

Soup - you are so excited!!! I like that! I never have useful advice on here either
thank you for your reply Dark Garnet looks lovely! (off to Boots later i will see if they have it!)

soupforbrains Wed 29-Nov-17 15:53:22

@ACurlyWurly it's funny the things which make me/you/people happy isn't it. yesterday i bought myself a sherbert dipdab on a whim at lunchtime and had the best afternoon at work I've ever had haha grin

It is a lovely colour. I will post a picture here of my hair if you think that will help?

ACurlyWurly Wed 29-Nov-17 16:09:20

That would be lovely (as would a dibdab! I really want one now)

soupforbrains Wed 29-Nov-17 16:46:28

Here you go. grin

ACurlyWurly Wed 29-Nov-17 17:25:22

That's a lovely colour! It's a strong contender (if I can find it in the shops!)
I decided to wait to get it tomorrow after I saw your pic so I'm trying to get it then
Thank you for sharing

Pannacott Thu 30-Nov-17 08:36:45

I use Henne Color cream (NOT the henna powder) in Copper. It's semi permanent so doesn't affect the texture of your hair and fades out nicely, no roots regrowth. It's great stuff. Can buy from Amazon.

TidyLike Fri 01-Dec-17 22:35:14

Henna from Lush! Makes it shinier and thicker too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now