Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

anyone bought the Boden girls' duffle coat?

(9 Posts)
JessiCake Wed 29-Nov-17 12:15:27

It's on offer at the moment, DD needs a warm coat and I'm wondering about getting this one.

I have been scouring everywhere for a WARM coat that isn't lined with that sort of sheep's fleece/teddy-bear lining because it gives DD the heebie-jeebies and she will not wear any item with it in. Which is annoying as it's by far the warmest!

I love the Uniqlo puffa ones (she already has the light puffa jacket but it's not cutting it now it's colder) but they're about the same price as the Boden duffle (with discount) so I'm wondering about ringing the changes from puffa style. I love duffles and DD likes Paddington. Any way to get her wear a warmer coat and I will deploy it!

Could just order and try it but returns can be a faff and if she tries it on and loves it but it's obv not warm enough I will have a high old time persuading her it's going back.

Anyone bought it and found it good/warm?

mrsmayitstimetogo Wed 29-Nov-17 12:19:43

We had one a couple of years ago. I don't think it's super-warm, but the UK isn't super-cold either: it's been fine.

JessiCake Wed 29-Nov-17 12:25:07

Thanks mrsmay (great username...)

May order it and then just check it out for warmth before I let DD try it on.

It looks lovely and it's so hard to find anything that's a bit longer in length. I know kids don't like to be constrained by anything longer than hip-length (at least DD doesn't) but as she refuses sheepy linings it's hard to get a jacket that will keep her covered up enough. I know I feel the cold in my legs if I go out in just a jacket, no matter how puffy, and DD is such a scrawny little thing, she needs wrapping up to keep out the chill.

MirandaWest Wed 29-Nov-17 12:30:54

DD had one a couple of years ago and it seemed warm enough. Keep meaning to sell it on eBay but keep forgetting to.

mrsmayitstimetogo Wed 29-Nov-17 12:32:45

our DDs sound identical! no sheepy linings here either...

Peppardew Wed 29-Nov-17 13:00:23

DEF1 should give you an extra 20% off and free postage and returns

JessiCake Wed 29-Nov-17 13:32:00

Thanks Peppardew! Didn't know there was a code atm

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Thu 30-Nov-17 21:50:50

My DR (12) has inherited her big sister's Boden duffle. She LOVES it and apparently loads of people at school do too. It was snowing here today and she was really cosy.

Thirtyrock39 Thu 30-Nov-17 21:53:56

Bought the sky blue one aged 9-10 for my daughter last year and it looks lovely and she gets loads of compliments on it but I'm a bit disappointed as the tie on the toggle looks a bit frayed already. However I still love it and it was in the boden sale ( think I bought it late Jan so maybe wait till then- or they're always coming up on eBay
I actually got myself an aubergine grown ups boden duffle coat which I love and it's warm enough with a big scarf on really cold days

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: