Talk

Advanced search

Foundation and primer for dry skin

(12 Posts)
Loveagoodbook Wed 29-Nov-17 12:08:32

Can anyone point me in the direction of a foundation and primer for dry skin? One that doesnt leave my skin looking flaky!

zippyswife Wed 29-Nov-17 19:20:27

I Use almond oil which stops my skin from being dry and ysl touche eclat is a brilliant foundation and Chanel vitalumiere Aqua.

2012860363 Wed 29-Nov-17 19:21:40

I have recently started using the Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow primer and Magic foundation. It's really good smile

Loveagoodbook Thu 30-Nov-17 20:05:09

Thanks have tried so many different ones. No matter how much moisturiser i wear, foundaton just looks cakey and flakey!

HistoryMad Thu 30-Nov-17 20:18:54

I use the origins overnight mask (overnight). In the morning, start with the L'Oreal Hydra Confort Moisturising Cleansing Milk followed by Vichy serum (or alternatively use the origins orange moisturizer):

www.lookfantastic.com/vichy-aqualia-thermal-dynamic-hydration-serum-30ml/11091680.html

I then use NARS tinted moisturiser.

I think if you are just looking for an excellent moisturizer, try Origins

stoplickingthetelly Thu 30-Nov-17 20:46:14

Unless you particularly need more coverage I find bb or cc creams best for my dry skin. I like the bourjois cc cream and the clarins skin detox bb cream.

Loveagoodbook Thu 30-Nov-17 21:02:19

Thanks, I need a good coverage as have a bad skin tone on my chin 😓

Maraki Thu 30-Nov-17 21:21:49

Are the flakes skin or silicone from all the creams? If its skin, then you need to exfoliate to get rid of them and for your creams to absorb. Either do a milk scrub or use an acid toner every or every other evening (nip and fab glycolic, pixi toner, liquid gold are all superb).

Estee Lauder nude is good for dry skin but coverage is medium. Go to a counter and ask for a sample, they are really good. Their double wear has great coverage but some people find it too drying. EL do their own primers too.

Clarins does a very moisturising primer that feels like pure silicone in a little red pot. Its very very good for dry skin.

I also use Eucerin Hyaluron filler before my moisturiser as it helps plump up the skin and retain moisture.

I assume you are massaging a very heavy cream at night (nivea blue pot, astral).

lovemylover Thu 30-Nov-17 22:33:21

Boots no 7 radiance is lovely,i use it and get lots of compliments,looks very dewy, never used primer

Loveagoodbook Fri 01-Dec-17 15:41:35

Thanks of to Boots later. I have the double wear but it just makes my skin look so dry 😢

dudsville Fri 01-Dec-17 19:30:10

I use a balm moisturiser. The nivea blue tub or the one from kiehl's, then after that's kind of dried I use flash beauty balm. My skin is so dry all over my body, but this combination can actually be juuuust on the rich side for me. Creamy, runny, liquid moisturisers actually seem to leave my face worse for wear. Balms were the way forward for me. Good luck OP.

dudsville Fri 01-Dec-17 19:31:36

Ps, I also use ELDW, but as a first base I use EL camoflauge, so I know what you mean about coverage!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now