Talk

Advanced search

Mahabis

(13 Posts)
bananafish81 Sat 25-Nov-17 17:44:30

Are they all that and a bag of chips? Do they live up to their claim of being 'the world's most comfortable slipper'?

Their adverts chase me all over FB and recently on the tube - I'd like to get some new slippers, and am wondering whether it's worth getting a decent pair, instead of some basic M&S jobbies

If you'd recommend them, which style? And how's their sizing?

Acopyofacopy Sat 25-Nov-17 17:48:14

I was followed by their ads relentlessly. Went for a really nice and much cheaper pair of felt slippers called Pantouf from amazon instead. They’re lovely.

I would like some real life views as the hype seems a bit ott.

DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv Sat 25-Nov-17 17:52:29

I’ve seen a pair in RL (not mine, on a patient). They look really sturdy and well made, as well as being less fugly than your average M&S offering. However, the ones I saw were about 8 months old and were looking shabby so I don’t know how well they last given the eye watering cost. I’m not sure I’d shell out for them.

ChampagneCommunist Sat 25-Nov-17 17:53:24

Their ads are stalking me too. I am interested but they would have to be bloody amazing for that price

HappyHoppy Sat 25-Nov-17 18:53:19

They’re not all that. The soles flip-flap around when you walk (there is a button which is supposed to hold them to the felt bit, but it kept popping open. And they didn’t wear well. I went back to Birkenstock Amsterdams as slippers.

HundredMilesAnHour Sat 25-Nov-17 18:56:08

These Norwegian slippers are my absolute favourites. I have the grey felt pair and I love them. And they're on sale this weekend!

www.aandreassen.com/collections/womens-slippers

beela Sat 25-Nov-17 19:03:41

I bought some but sent them back - the rubber sole bit meant that you couldn't wear them with socks because it pulled the socks off when you walked along.

I bought some toms slippers instead, love them.

beela Sat 25-Nov-17 19:05:04

www.schuh.co.uk/mens/toms-berkeley-grey-slippers/3106797570/?gclid=CjwKCAiAxuTQBRBmEiwAAkFF1qQSf8qzM6tnWGJNrocvAXuWdn3uhiQxKFQ4TsIDuVnfmHY8w4HJ1hoCZ00QAvD_BwE

beela Sat 25-Nov-17 19:08:04

They are mens but quite similar to the mahabis. And also on sale (tempted to buy another pair now I've seen that, although pair #1 are still going strong after a year).

Bohemond Sat 25-Nov-17 19:12:07

They look nice but I had to send the first pair back as the sole came away and I’ve had to mend the new ones twice. I won’t be buying again

CAAKE Sat 25-Nov-17 19:14:55

I have some mahabis and they are good to wear when I'm at home and up and dressed and doing things. They are warm and sturdy and all that. I still love my darling smelly old sheepskin scuffs for comfort and warmth though. They were supposed to go in the bin when the Mahabis arrived but I still neeeeeeed them.

bananafish81 Sun 26-Nov-17 11:00:24

Thanks for the recs - wondered if they were style over substance and all hype, apparently yes they are!

Will check out your recommendations, thank you

bananafish81 Sun 03-Dec-17 10:49:14

Thanks for recommendations all - v much appreciated! I ordered a pair of the Toms, as they looked lovely and as their one-for-one policy means another pair goes to a child, they seemed like a good choice. Looking forward to trying them out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now