Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Mahabis

(15 Posts)
bananafish81 Sat 25-Nov-17 17:44:30

Are they all that and a bag of chips? Do they live up to their claim of being 'the world's most comfortable slipper'?

Their adverts chase me all over FB and recently on the tube - I'd like to get some new slippers, and am wondering whether it's worth getting a decent pair, instead of some basic M&S jobbies

If you'd recommend them, which style? And how's their sizing?

Acopyofacopy Sat 25-Nov-17 17:48:14

I was followed by their ads relentlessly. Went for a really nice and much cheaper pair of felt slippers called Pantouf from amazon instead. They’re lovely.

I would like some real life views as the hype seems a bit ott.

DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv Sat 25-Nov-17 17:52:29

I’ve seen a pair in RL (not mine, on a patient). They look really sturdy and well made, as well as being less fugly than your average M&S offering. However, the ones I saw were about 8 months old and were looking shabby so I don’t know how well they last given the eye watering cost. I’m not sure I’d shell out for them.

ChampagneCommunist Sat 25-Nov-17 17:53:24

Their ads are stalking me too. I am interested but they would have to be bloody amazing for that price

HappyHoppy Sat 25-Nov-17 18:53:19

They’re not all that. The soles flip-flap around when you walk (there is a button which is supposed to hold them to the felt bit, but it kept popping open. And they didn’t wear well. I went back to Birkenstock Amsterdams as slippers.

HundredMilesAnHour Sat 25-Nov-17 18:56:08

These Norwegian slippers are my absolute favourites. I have the grey felt pair and I love them. And they're on sale this weekend!

www.aandreassen.com/collections/womens-slippers

beela Sat 25-Nov-17 19:03:41

I bought some but sent them back - the rubber sole bit meant that you couldn't wear them with socks because it pulled the socks off when you walked along.

I bought some toms slippers instead, love them.

beela Sat 25-Nov-17 19:05:04

www.schuh.co.uk/mens/toms-berkeley-grey-slippers/3106797570/?gclid=CjwKCAiAxuTQBRBmEiwAAkFF1qQSf8qzM6tnWGJNrocvAXuWdn3uhiQxKFQ4TsIDuVnfmHY8w4HJ1hoCZ00QAvD_BwE

beela Sat 25-Nov-17 19:08:04

They are mens but quite similar to the mahabis. And also on sale (tempted to buy another pair now I've seen that, although pair #1 are still going strong after a year).

Bohemond Sat 25-Nov-17 19:12:07

They look nice but I had to send the first pair back as the sole came away and I’ve had to mend the new ones twice. I won’t be buying again

CAAKE Sat 25-Nov-17 19:14:55

I have some mahabis and they are good to wear when I'm at home and up and dressed and doing things. They are warm and sturdy and all that. I still love my darling smelly old sheepskin scuffs for comfort and warmth though. They were supposed to go in the bin when the Mahabis arrived but I still neeeeeeed them.

bananafish81 Sun 26-Nov-17 11:00:24

Thanks for the recs - wondered if they were style over substance and all hype, apparently yes they are!

Will check out your recommendations, thank you

bananafish81 Sun 03-Dec-17 10:49:14

Thanks for recommendations all - v much appreciated! I ordered a pair of the Toms, as they looked lovely and as their one-for-one policy means another pair goes to a child, they seemed like a good choice. Looking forward to trying them out!

dizar Sun 09-Dec-18 23:59:15

I have had mine for about 4 years now and I love them. They’re even starting to look a bit haggard and asked for a new pair for Christmas.

In the winter I actually keep Them under my desk at work, (were pretty casual) so when I get in with wet feet I slip them straight on.

On the other hand I’ve not tried the alternative fabric “summer” ones so I don’t know what those are like.

If anyone does want to try them here’s a link to get 10% discount btw:
mahabis.mention-me.com/m/ol/bg0rl-dizar-zabalegui-angel

smile smile

BradleyPooper Mon 10-Dec-18 01:34:31

Mine are 3 years old, love them!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: