Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Huh?

(8 Posts)
Picklesandpies Fri 24-Nov-17 19:37:09

I thought I'd see what Jigsaw we're offering for Black Friday. Apparently nothing! But they are still using the words 'Black Friday' to sell on their website despite not offering any money off anything! Am I missing something?

Quite prepared to be told I'm going mad.

Picklesandpies Fri 24-Nov-17 19:37:53

http://www.jigsaw-online.com/

mrsmildred Fri 24-Nov-17 19:51:29

Yes you are missing something. Jigsaw are well known for not offering regular promotions and starting their end of season sales later than the rest of the high st. This is them acknowledging that in a jokey way that’s all. They are allowed to use the phrase and it not the law that they need to take part.

PyrexDishes Fri 24-Nov-17 19:57:13

John Lewis upped their prices for 3 specific washing machines I’d been looking at to possibly purchase. One in particular went from £640 just last Thursday to £899 today, that’s the Black Friday price shock.

PNGirl Fri 24-Nov-17 20:20:32

This is from last year and was widely reported in the news.

www.jigsaw-online.com/content/ourfriday

Picklesandpies Fri 24-Nov-17 20:58:36

Thanks for that - I had no idea that's how it worked!

Picklesandpies Fri 24-Nov-17 21:01:19

Pyrex that's a bit cheeky! Wonder how much they will be in the January sales?!

PyrexDishes Sat 25-Nov-17 15:58:35

January sales you say? Can hardly wait hmm. Thieves, the lot of them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: