Talk

Advanced search

Anyone tried semi permanent eyelashes?

(16 Posts)
Thursdayis Fri 24-Nov-17 17:47:00

Would you recommend them?
I'm booked in in a couple of weeks and just worried I'm making a good choice!
I like to wear eyeliner but worried about removing make up etc?

Also how long did they last?

SierraFerrara Fri 24-Nov-17 18:05:23

I have them every so often and when they are done well I love them.
BUT you have to be careful with eye make up with them because you have to be careful when removing it.
You may find you don't need eyeliner anyway.

guestofclanmackenzie Fri 24-Nov-17 18:22:32

Ive had semi permanent lashes for about 6 years now blush

I absolutely love them! About three years ago, I switched to "Russian semi permanent lashes" which are great when you need more volume as well as length as I have sparse as well as short natural lashes. instead of one longer semi permanent lash to one of your own natural lash, with Russian lashes, "fans" of three or more lashes are created and bonded to your one lash.

They are more expensive, but the results are incredible. The result is that my lashes are much fuller. They are also a lot finer and feathery which I prefer. My lash technician charges £60 for a full set of Russian lashes and then £25 per fill which is a top up appointment which I have every 2.5 to 3 weeks.

You have to be careful using oil based cleaners and moisturisers as oils will weaken the glue, but I have learned to be careful around the eye area.

I barely use any eye make up as the lashes already make my eyes stand out, but if I do wear any for a night out etc, I use a home made solution to clean my lashes which my lash lady told me about ( which is on you tube) which consists of making up a solution using baby shampoo, water and baking soda. This is foamed up in a foaming bottle (£1 from the pound shop) and brushed on using a little lash brush I not ally get given after every appointment.

Go for it but..

Word to the wise - they are addictive! smile

Thursdayis Fri 24-Nov-17 18:28:47

Fab advice thank you!

My appt is 12th December - do you think they will still look good by Christmas ? It's the latest appointment I could get!

Jaxinthebox Fri 24-Nov-17 18:48:47

They will still look good, but book your infill appointment for between Christmas and New Year. Ive had them a few times and like them. Just get oil free liner and mascara. The Maybelline gel liner is good. Thats what I use when I have them on.

Thursdayis Fri 24-Nov-17 18:54:28

I use a kohl eyeliner so that should be ok? And lord and berry mascara.

Hmm I'm going to ring the salon again and see if they can't squeeze me in a tiny bit closer to Christmas

guestofclanmackenzie Fri 24-Nov-17 18:55:37

I would say that if you went for Russian lashes, they would still look good for Xmas, but you would need to look after them. No getting water or liquid on them for 24 hours after they have been done and also do not be tempted to touch or fiddle/play with them. I just give them a brush through every morning and then I leave them alone.

guestofclanmackenzie Fri 24-Nov-17 18:56:15

OP You won't need to wear any mascara!

Thursdayis Fri 24-Nov-17 18:59:41

Ha oh yes I completely forgot I won't need mascara! I've had a prosecco so I'm excused ;)

Jaxinthebox Fri 24-Nov-17 22:41:27

when I got my lashes done the salon gave me a mascara to use (if I wanted to) for extra 'oomph' - I did a couple of times but yes, just a little brush is enough. Mine were individual lashes though.

Im off to investigate Russian lashes!

Urglewurgle Fri 24-Nov-17 22:58:31

I love them and have switched to Russians as they are softer so you don't feel them as much (eg if you roll on them in bed). I have to get quite curly ones so they don't bang on my glasses!

It is tricky removing eye make-up, cotton wool leaves fluff in your lashes, but as pp said you probably won't need it.

SerendipityFelix Sat 25-Nov-17 03:59:30

Not falsies but I am a big fan of LVL lash lift - it’s like a perm for your lashes if you have decent length it can be quite transformative. It lasts 6-8 weeks on me (basically as lashes are naturally replaced) and I get them tinted at the same time which makes a big difference too even though I have dark lashes.

VanillaSugar Sat 25-Nov-17 04:05:21

Last Perfect do a good eye cleanser specifically designed for this. They also sell a foam based cloth which doesn't leave any lint on the lashes.

Kitsharrington Sat 25-Nov-17 07:58:49

Yes they are amazing! They make you look so fresh. I had them for about six months but the upkeep got too much. Besides the cost (about £70 every 2.5 weeks) it was the time I couldn't afford anymore. Up to 2.5 hours a time! I now get them for special occasions - will have them done for Xmas - and once they fall out they fall out.

Thursdayis Sat 25-Nov-17 08:11:01

That's a point - do you have to get them removed or can you do it yourself without damaging your own lashes?
Also I do tend to sleep on one side of my face so now wondering if I'm going to end up with wonky lashes?

VanillaSugar Sat 25-Nov-17 09:03:50

They fall out when the eyelash naturally falls out, or they fall off when the glue dissolved, i.e. if you use

Ask the technician for an eyelash brush and you can gently sweep the lashes back into position. I sleep on my right side and it's always the right eye that suffers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now