Talk

Advanced search

Please help me choose a bag for around £500.

(13 Posts)
Crazy8 Fri 24-Nov-17 15:10:22

I know there have been a few threads about handbags recently but please indulge me if you can. I've been given £500 to buy something nice and I'd really like a nice bag.

I have lots of everyday bags although none are designer. What I'd really like is a bag suitable for going out in the evening and suitable for the day. Something not too big but still space for a phone, lipstick, keys etc. My dream would be a Chanel Boy but I'd have to wait a while to save for that.

Any ideas?

ZaraW Fri 24-Nov-17 16:16:39

I have an Issey Miyake Bao Bao they come in all shapes and colours but it's one of those things you love or hate. I got mine in Japan they are a bit more expensive in the UK.

Clickncollect Fri 24-Nov-17 16:55:51

Mulberry Antony - the classic ones are lovely but also the newer models look quite dressy so would work better for the evening aswell. Small one is £550 at selfridges (although weirdly £595 at mulberry and other dept stores)

Crazy8 Fri 24-Nov-17 18:45:30

Thank you. I'll have a look at both bags.

SerendipityFelix Sat 25-Nov-17 04:02:57

For me a Stella McCartney Falabella Box bag is on my wish list for that kind of ballpark - they’re vegan leather, look/feel amazing IMO. I’d also love a Chanel Boy if they made a vegan version!

Ilovecardigans1980 Sat 25-Nov-17 10:12:00

I have an aspinal slouchy saddle bag which can be used cross body or as a shoulder bag. They are £495 but think they have 20% off at the moment.

AnaWinter Sat 25-Nov-17 10:15:39

Gucci Soho Disco
Chloe Marcie
Gucci Mini Marmont

AnaWinter Sat 25-Nov-17 10:16:01

^^ Chloe Mini Marcie

AmeliaFlashtart Sat 25-Nov-17 11:15:16

Coccinelle do good quality bags for around that price point.

MinesaPinot Sat 25-Nov-17 18:35:35

I know they've been mentioned on other threads (at least once by me!) but what about having a look at DeMellier bags. The Berlin or Venice would fit your day/evening brief I think, and they do mini/midi versions as well. Good price points so would be within your budget. If you have money left over perhaps a nice purse or card holder to match your bag?

JessieJams Sat 25-Nov-17 19:31:12

Chloe Mini Marci or Mulberry small Amberley.

RayofSun Sat 25-Nov-17 20:12:35

Coach have some new nice bags. Just bought the Prairie cross body. And they have 20% off for Black Friday

Crazy8 Sun 26-Nov-17 17:33:08

Thanks. I love the Gucci disco so will have a look. It's over my budget but looks so gorgeous I may have to just go for it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: