Talk

Advanced search

Gourmand Perfumes

(46 Posts)
AlyTab Thu 23-Nov-17 10:42:47

I love gourmand fragrances, and I'm looking for maybe some suggestions on some others that I might try and that if others wear gourmand fragrances (sweet smelling perfumes) and can recommend any that they like.

I absolutely love Prada Candy. Its my signature. Its smells so nice and Caramel-y. I stopped wearing for a while and remember now how much I missed it. It is obscenely expensive though so I buy from a website who makes exact dupes for a much lower price and it's beautiful. I also like Fantasy by Britney Spears.

Any recommendations for perfumes like Prada Candy? Maybe with a distinctive Caramel note? Would really appreciate any suggestions.

Ollivander84 Thu 23-Nov-17 13:17:26

This bizarrely is actually lovely! Vanilla caramel candy floss to my nose
http://www.thefragranceshop.co.uk/products/hashtag-i-love-you-eau-de-toilette-30ml-spray-30395.aspx

Ollivander84 Thu 23-Nov-17 13:19:31

And some descriptions of these - I think you would like New York 55 and Mrs gloss
Wouldn't buy until tomorrow though as likely to be an offer!
http://www.4160tuesdays.com/ourperfumes.html

Squashit Thu 23-Nov-17 14:00:30

Marc Jacobs Decadence

Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire.

HotDamnState Thu 23-Nov-17 14:31:01

Yes to 4160Tuesdays 'New York 1955' - candyfloss in a bottle.

YSL Manifesto L'Elixir
YSL Cinema
Kenzo Amour
Fancy by Jessica Simpson (candied apple - find it on ebay)
Guerlain Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin (eye wateringly expensive, though)

AlyTab Thu 23-Nov-17 14:54:36

The I love you one is probably worth a try for a fiver, ordered a bottle of that. Ollivander thanks for the tip! Really annoys me when you buy something then a day later it's half the price. I'm away to thoroughly research the others

Ollivander84 Thu 23-Nov-17 14:56:21

The 4160 Tuesdays sale is from tomorrow and it's 20% off wink

AlyTab Thu 23-Nov-17 18:22:30

Thank you! 😀

Lissette Thu 23-Nov-17 18:27:44

Rochas 'Femme'. First formulated in 1943. Has been reformulated since but it is a gourmand fragrance. May be out of production now.

ItMustBeBedtimeSurely Thu 23-Nov-17 18:30:54

La Vie est belle, Lancome.
Soft, al rehab (v cheap on Amazon)
L

ItMustBeBedtimeSurely Thu 23-Nov-17 18:32:04

Sorry, pressed post too soon
L de Lolita Lempicka

Lissette Thu 23-Nov-17 18:36:51

www.tesco.com/direct/rochas-femme-edt-100ml-spray/661-4199.prd?source=others

Tesco have it! '

Edmond Roudnitska made Femme in Paris during the War in 1943. Reformulated in 1989:
Rochas Femme (new) fragrance notes

Top Notes
Apricot, Bergamot, Peach, Plum, Rosewood, Cinnamon, Lemon
Heart Notes
Clove, Iris, Jasmine, Carnation, Rose, Rosemary, Ylang ylang
Base notes
Amber, Benzoin, Oakmoss, Leather, Musk, Patchouli, Vanilla

AlyTab Thu 23-Nov-17 20:06:15

Its odd what are defined as 'Gourmand' fragrances and what's not. Some if these suggestions are classed as "Mossy Wood" or white floral fragrances? Strange. Not something to judge it by I suppose though.
The Femme Rochas fragrance sounds really nice, I'm putting that on my list too. So many French names for perfume!

I forgot that I do remember really like Killer Queen by Katy Perry, which I would describe as a gourmand fragrance. Reminded me of popcorn when it starting fading a bit which I really like. I just want to smell a perfume and go "omg I could just eat myself", if you know what I mean?

Butterfly1975 Thu 23-Nov-17 20:37:58

Shay and Blue Salt Caramel is a lovely, sweet oriental vanilla. Not too cloying! Is sometimes on offer in M&S.

Or Black Opium, Angel, La Vie est Belle as suggested above are all sweet, gourmands. Cheaper is Body Shop Black Musk.

Also have you tried Hypnotic Poison - amazing! My absolute favourite vanilla fragrance smile

AlyTab Thu 23-Nov-17 23:36:12

I really wanted to like hypnotic poison, but i cant get the thought of plasticine out of my head when I smell it!

I have a bottle of black opium, but I actually prefer the cheaper (by a lot!) version that I found on the dupe site. I don't like Angel either, but I thought I would since its probably the most well know gourmand fragrance.

I've also had a look at The salt caramel and another one of their perfumes that I can't remember the name of, but it's worth looking at I feel. I'm also going to try the al rehab ones. I really wish that they had mire gourmand fragrances that smell like a bakery or something, like cupcakes and Caramel, and that they weren't so expensive so I could buy a lot of them. Thank you for the suggestions though! I'm sure there's bound to be a couple that I really like (fingers crossed)

Ollivander84 Thu 23-Nov-17 23:46:05

Al Rehab soft is vanilla sweet smile

Ollivander84 Thu 23-Nov-17 23:46:40

I'm in a fragrance group, will ask for some cheaper recommendations!

Ollivander84 Thu 23-Nov-17 23:53:34

Try here as well
They have a cotton candy scent and a cupcake one plus a butterscotch one! Start at about £5
http://www.thelibraryoffragrance.eu/fragrance/food/page/2/

AdiosPieceOfToast Thu 23-Nov-17 23:58:27

Laura Mercier gourmande range!

Ollivander84 Fri 24-Nov-17 00:21:04

So far the group recommends this. Ships to the UK and code HOLIDAY2017 gives you 20% off anything
http://kyseperfumes.bigcartel.com/product/douceur-brulee

Ollivander84 Fri 24-Nov-17 00:26:19

And a review of the above linked one says "like a sister to Prada Candy with caramel"

Ollivander84 Fri 24-Nov-17 00:33:17

Last one grin
Pink sugar. £9 here (site is safe, I use it a lot for cheaper stuff)

http://www.allbeauty.com/gb/en/5646-aquolina-pink-sugar-eau-de-toilette-30ml?abref=GoogleShoppingCs&utmsource=%7Badtype%7D&utmmedium=FREE&ref=%7Badtype%7D&&currency=GBP&country=48&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1Y7l5rV1wIV753tCh1m1QIzEAQYAiABEgJavvDBwE

NutButterNutter Fri 24-Nov-17 00:56:00

Viktor & Rolf Bonbon. So caramelly and sooooo yum.

FormerlyFrikadela01 Fri 24-Nov-17 01:17:44

Lush I'm home apparently smells like baking though I haven't had the pleasure yet

BigFatFryUp Fri 24-Nov-17 10:29:33

Black Opium
Poison Girl

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now