Talk

Advanced search

If yoh have a pleated midi skirt what do you wear it with?

(47 Posts)
MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Thu 23-Nov-17 10:31:41

I have a slightly metallic looking black pleated midi skirt as yet unworn. I am a bit stuck on what to wear it with.

If you have one please can you inspire me?

I veer towards the casually dressed end of the scale as I don't get out often.

Thank you in advance.

Ttbb Thu 23-Nov-17 10:38:58

A plain cardigan/jumper and brouges/ankle boots.

AnaViaSalamanca Thu 23-Nov-17 13:17:55

Silk cami and a structured blazer (Theory in my case)

Housewife2010 Thu 23-Nov-17 13:47:31

Have a look on Holly Willoughby's Instagram. She wore one today with a fitted top.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Thu 23-Nov-17 18:09:32

Thank you for the replies.

I don't know if it is my shape or just so long since I've had a skirt that length with as much fabric (probably a home made dirndl number made by my lovely late DM grin) that is making it hard to get my head around seeing myself in one!

I've stuck to the knee length a line / pencil shape for far too long and was just trying something new.

Can any of the evening crew help please?

PaperdollCartoon Thu 23-Nov-17 18:16:25

What size/shape are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Welshcake77 Thu 23-Nov-17 18:21:49

I have a midi pleated skirt in blush pink that I e only worn once in the summer (with a sleeveless white v neck top tucked in and sparkly flats) so have just been looking on Pinterest for some winter styling ideas.
There's some great combinations there seems a good choice to go for a fitted jumper tucked in either with knee high boots, ankle boots or trainers. Looks fab with a plain tshirt, leather or denim jacket and trainers too. Pointy heels if you want to dress it up. Will see if I can upload some pics

Welshcake77 Thu 23-Nov-17 18:26:57

Hope this works!

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Thu 23-Nov-17 18:51:22

Those photos are lovely Welshcake77.

I'm 5ft 3" and a size 12. Four babies delivered by CS have left me with a tummy that's a bit of a mess tbh so I think my difficulty lies with not wanting to tuck tops in. Paperdoll you have me sussed!

Any hope? It's a gorgeous skirt.

HmmmHashtag Thu 23-Nov-17 19:11:16

Following with interest as I have a gorgeous gold one but no idea what to wear with it as I have big hips and tummy confused

AnaViaSalamanca Thu 23-Nov-17 19:15:17

I have the same issue, you dont want to tuck anything in since the pleats would make your stomach look even bigger. My skirt is elastic wasted so I wear it a bit lower (and I am same height as you so it is kind of a maxi look) and I wear a flowy top/cami

KatherinaMinola Thu 23-Nov-17 20:15:58

I wear a fifties-style knitted top. It ends at the waist so no need to tuck in - it hangs nicely over the waistband of the skirt. That might work for you.

ImADingleDangleScarecrow Thu 23-Nov-17 20:18:01

For day time I wear my pleated midi skirt with a fitted black crew neck jumper (or fitted polo would work too), black 100 denier tights, black leather biker and black suede ankle boots. These (though the elastic bit is black not grey like it looks in the pic).

ImADingleDangleScarecrow Thu 23-Nov-17 20:19:50

I don’t think I’d be able to carry off socks with trainers but I saw this on instagram the other day.

ImADingleDangleScarecrow Thu 23-Nov-17 20:23:47

Jumper like this

AnnaT45 Thu 23-Nov-17 20:36:21

I wear mine with fitted jumpers and converse. They are lovely when you find the right things to go with them!

carolhere Thu 23-Nov-17 20:43:57

I'd would go for a vintage style. A blouse tucked in with reasonable heels.

OCSockOrphanage Thu 23-Nov-17 21:06:05

Riding boots, with a Cuban heel, a tightish t shirt and an Aran cardigan.

MartysHere Thu 23-Nov-17 21:08:50

I wore one a lot over summer but am struggling now its colder. Do they look okay with tights?

Airbiscuits Thu 23-Nov-17 21:14:34

I wore a skirt like this today (pale beige/pink colour) with a black v neck jumper, black tights and black suede stilettos

Judydreamsofhorses Thu 23-Nov-17 21:27:08

I have a load of midi skirts and dresses but just can’t get them to look right when tights go on. In the summer I wore them with tucked in tops and either brogues or trainers. I am 5ft 6 and an arsey/hippy size 10 with a small waist, so I need something which either sits on the waistband or is tucked in. Anything over the top or loose makes me look like a triangle. (Like Bod, for anyone who was a child in the late 70s.)

CountFosco Thu 23-Nov-17 21:29:39

I wear my pleated skirt with a slouchy jumper (not tucked in), chelsea boots and a leather jacket and blanket scarf.

carrie74 Thu 23-Nov-17 21:29:50

In summer, a slightly fitted T, in winter a baggy turtle neck or sweatshirt. Trainers or ankle boots.

BearFoxBear Thu 23-Nov-17 21:32:39

I wear my gold one with a plain black tshirt knotted at the side of my waist, black ankle boots and leather jacket. Looks great. In fact, this has just sorted my out foot for tomorrow night, thanks!

BearFoxBear Thu 23-Nov-17 21:33:08

Outfit! gringrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now