Talk

Advanced search

If you are a pale blue eyed blonde....

(25 Posts)
TinklyLittleLaugh Wed 22-Nov-17 18:54:23

...what colours do yo look good in?

I'm a classic pale Celtic redhead but been colouring my hair for years. I tried going grey, decided it was a bit aging and opted to have blonde highlights put through my sandy grey hair.

I love it, it looks great. But my wardrobe is mainly browns and rusts and autumnal tones. So if you are a pale blonde, what do you look great in?

Floisme Wed 22-Nov-17 19:02:28

I wear mostly burgundys, dark greens and dark greys but I find it's mostly about avoiding anything too bright or too pale. I like very dark brown and wish it would come back! I can get away with black if it's a bit faded and washed out. I think the only colour I cannot wear in any form at all is white.

DontCallMeCharlotte Wed 22-Nov-17 23:56:12

Red and pale blue are my best colours.

EnriqueTheRingBearingLizard Thu 23-Nov-17 00:00:49

I never wear black and upper body I.e. near my face I usually wear pastels, but with a good depth of colour. Cornflower blue, deep blush pink and blueish red are favourites, mixed with navy, cream and warm taupe.

caprifun Thu 23-Nov-17 00:00:52

Dark or bright shades rather than pastels, but the only colours i actively avoid are white and yellow. Red's my current favourite for clothing. But mostly I think I have black in my wardrobe!

pamplemoussed Thu 23-Nov-17 00:02:07

Navy, teal, red, burgundy. Can’t wear black anymore unless I wear a lot of makeup, it really ages me. Khaki not bad either.

ButFirstTea Thu 23-Nov-17 00:06:35

Burgundy, khaki green, most blues and greys. I do have a lot of black and white but I'm trying to phase it out!

DeadDoorpost Thu 23-Nov-17 00:08:51

There's a particular shade of orange that looks really good for me but no idea how to describe it and a photo woulsnt do it justice (and wouldn't be able to take one just now anyway)
Turquoise is also a lovely colour as is fuchsia.

TinklyLittleLaugh Thu 23-Nov-17 00:27:02

Thanks ladies. I don't have anything red, or any shade of pink or light blue, but I might start there. I think I look okay in black as long as I have a lot of make up on, so maybe okay for evenings.

Thinking about it, my blonde friend wears a lot of the most gorgeous soft sea green/blue/turquoise colour. I might try that too.

It actually seems really weird to even be thinking about buying proper colours though; I've never worn them.

OlennasWimple Thu 23-Nov-17 00:36:19

Navy
Red
Orange
Grey
Royal blue
Purple
Denim blue
Pink

Never ever yellow or white, black is OK with good makeup (otherwise I look washed out)

Lollipop30 Thu 23-Nov-17 00:39:50

My daughter is white blonde and blue eyed. She most suits pinks, blues and turquoise’s. I avoid yellow, although mustard is ok or black as they wash her out (also has pale skin).

endehors Thu 23-Nov-17 01:40:01

thinking about it, my blonde friend wears a lot of the most gorgeous soft sea green/blue/turquoise colour
Yes, definitely those blues. Teal too. Not so much royal blue, or purples. Pink, but a dusky pink, nothing too bright. White definitely not. Red seems to work, bright red. I also wear burgundy because I like it, but not sure is the best shade.

endehors Thu 23-Nov-17 01:41:27

I forgot about yellow, how could I grin Definitely not one for me.

TitaniasCloset Thu 23-Nov-17 01:55:11

I think it’s more about skin tone, some blondes have a lot of yellow in their tone and orange so look good in red, I have blue toned pink skin so suit all shades of blue best. Red lipstick doesn’t work on me unless it’s a blue red and not without a lot of time spent on my base for instance. I wear lots of gray too.

Elledorado Thu 23-Nov-17 02:28:37

Titanias has nailed it: it's about skin tone more than eye/hair colour. Im blonde with blue eyes with cool/neutral skin. Cannot wear anything dusky, yellow, muted.

Highlove Thu 23-Nov-17 06:32:46

Anything but yellow.

Timefortea99 Thu 23-Nov-17 06:41:51

Deaddoor - is it burnt orange? I really suit that shade and would love to find a coat in that shade.

Thishatisnotmine Thu 23-Nov-17 07:05:13

A forest gree, navy, all greys, burnt orange, rosey wam pinks, bright blues as mentioned above and mustard. All the years of my life thinking I look bad in yellow but not mustard! Really suits me! Anything cool coloured or black makes me look tired and sallow.

DancesWithOtters Thu 23-Nov-17 07:07:06

Black, terracotta or a dark teal.

oldlaundbooth Thu 23-Nov-17 13:04:23

As a pp said it depends a lot on your skin tone.

I'm naturally blonde and blue eyed and suit jewel colours - emerald green, turquoise, navy blue, bright pink, teal (teal looks amazing) dark steel grey, purple. Also wear black lots too, but it's not as flattering.

I never wear orange, yellow or mustard or anything dusky - I look ill in mint green for example.

TheHoundsofLove Thu 23-Nov-17 13:17:09

I'm a pale-skinned, blue eyed, natural ash blonde and I really suit quite bright Spring colours. I look my best in colours at the brighter end of that spectrum; so my best are: bright red, cobalt blue, turquoise, canary yellow, apple green and coral.
I agree that it is all about skin tone and don't necessarily think that you need to change your wardrobe if it already suits your natural celtic colouring?

KatharinaRosalie Thu 23-Nov-17 13:31:24

I look best in summer colours - my hair is ashy blond, without any red tones. Love bright and vibrant colours but I have to admit they are nowhere as flattering.
www.kettlewellcolours.co.uk/blog/summer-explaining-the-different-types

WhooooAmI24601 Thu 23-Nov-17 13:44:58

I suit navy, mustard, cream, coral and dove grey. That's it. Everything else makes me look like a corpse.

sweetheart Thu 23-Nov-17 16:53:22

My favorite winter colour is burgundy / aubergine and my favorite summer colour is peach or coral.

I wear navy blue / grey as my basics colours - try to avoid wearing anything black on my top half.

I love a bit of khaki or a leopard print scalf

Unicorn81 Thu 23-Nov-17 20:33:01

Navy or any colour of blue
Burgandy
Black
Pink
Purple

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now