Talk

Advanced search

What do you think to kitten heels ?

(28 Posts)
LardLizard Wed 22-Nov-17 17:11:18

No a fan of heels as like to be comfy but like the way they look

LardLizard Wed 22-Nov-17 17:11:45

So as thinkingif tryign some kitten heels or maybe pointy flats ?

Paintbox Wed 22-Nov-17 17:22:58

AFter years of being in the fashion wilderness kitten heels seem to be back this season. It will take me a long time to come round to them again though. They’ve been away so long that they feel alien to me at the moment but this is the same with every “new” or returning fashion

rightknockered Wed 22-Nov-17 17:32:37

I have some kitten heeled point toe boots. They look good, imo. But I do find them odd to walk in.

rightknockered Wed 22-Nov-17 17:33:09

Bizarrely I find it easier to walk in stilettos

LardLizard Wed 22-Nov-17 17:50:31

I don’t know if they look a bit like the kinda shoes girls wear, as there first heels
I remember having some as bridesmaids shoes around age 13

MismatchedCat Wed 22-Nov-17 17:58:49

I hate them.

Everyone's feet look extra large in kitten heels, like Minnie Mouse. And paradoxically they can be harder to walk in - in a higher heel you tend to balance on the front of your foot but with kittens you're forced to balance on the heel itself which is usually tiny.

The only good thing about kitten heels is the name, because who doesn't love kittens?

WhooooAmI24601 Wed 22-Nov-17 18:42:32

I can't walk in kitten heels. I've some I bought from H&M recently and they're pretty enough when off my feet, as soon as they're on my feet are huge and I trot like a pony rather than gliding in higher heels.

catiinbo0ts Wed 22-Nov-17 18:45:51

Theresa May. Say no more.

TossDaily Wed 22-Nov-17 18:47:54

I like mine. I have a red and a black pair of kitten heel pointy sock boots and they look nice with cropped trousers.

I'm not great at heels so they make me feel a bit more feminine.

StatueInTheSky Wed 22-Nov-17 18:50:49

I like them and one of the tragedies of my life is that I did not buy the red trimmed, pony skin, zebra print ones I saw years ago in Brantano. I dream of those little cuties.

BusterGonad Wed 22-Nov-17 18:53:01

I love them and have done for years. I love anything that looks a bit 60s though!

Mulberrysilk Wed 22-Nov-17 19:09:16

I love them. I love a Jackie O or an Audrey Hepburn look.

I want to buy a few pairs while they're readily available but I'm struggling to find nice ones in leather. If anyone spots a leopard pair let me know.

stoplickingthetelly Wed 22-Nov-17 20:10:57

My mil who is in her 60s wears them. They suit her, but I wouldn't wear them.

Hairq Wed 22-Nov-17 20:18:21

I quite liked them when they were fashionable in the early 2000s. Just have to make sure that they're not teamed with bias cut knee length turquoise and hot pink paisley skirts and all will be well.

OlennasWimple Wed 22-Nov-17 20:20:59

I like them!

I generally find them easier to walk in and more comfortable if on my feet a lot

But then I like retro styles generally, and would pair them with cigarette pants or a pencil skirt rather than a handkerchief hemmed Per Una garment

OlennasWimple Wed 22-Nov-17 20:23:33

Mulberry - are these any good? (I wore my M&S kitten heels to death a few years back, they were ace)

Polkadot1974 Wed 22-Nov-17 20:45:34

I think they need careful wearing. My boots I have from the early 2000s need a reheel but would be ok but the purple satin ones I borrowed recently - didn’t look right
Like those leopard ones though but I see those more as a spike than a kitten

Laiste Wed 22-Nov-17 20:56:08

When you google image kitten heeled shoes most of the images are not what i would call kitten heel at all. Most are low stilettos, or just chunky low heels.

Proper kitten heels go under the heel and are very low in my mind, like these
www.peterkaiser.co.uk/shoes-c107/rosette-nude-lana-patent-kitten-heel-slingback-shoes-p6214

MrsGrindah Wed 22-Nov-17 20:59:35

Love them but so difficult to walk in...I get them trapped between pavement slabs all the time. Plus they need very frequent reheeling so not good vfm

user1505268238 Wed 22-Nov-17 21:02:24

Hmmm I'm not a fan
My personal opinion is they are very hard to pull off

TonicAndTonic Wed 22-Nov-17 21:02:47

Agree with pp who said they make your feet look big! I'm a size 6 and my feet look humongous in kitten heels. They look nicer on women with small feet though.

Laiste Wed 22-Nov-17 21:07:26

I was going to say - smallish feet and slim calves will carry off kitten heels best i recon.

They don't elongate the foot and leg like a higher heel would. They are frequently worn with skirts but really 'behave' like a flat.

Thetreesareallgone Wed 22-Nov-17 21:07:33

I have a nice pair of light brown suede kitten heel boots from years ago and I think they still look nice. I agree they can be hard to walk in, but I've had a few nice pairs over the years. I almost never wear high high heels anymore, so this is an ok compromise.

Lucked Wed 22-Nov-17 21:17:35

I don’t think my feet look any bigger than they do in flats. I’m tall and can’t walk in heels so they are great for me. I tend to wear them with trousers, like my boden bistros, rather than dresses. I like a boot or shoe boot with dresses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now