Talk

Advanced search

Under eye concealer and wrinkles

(15 Posts)
FairyHedgehogg Wed 22-Nov-17 15:27:29

I'm 35 and my face is starting to show it. I'm finding that if I use under eye concealer it's pooling in the fine lines, making me look wrinklier than I actually am! Anyone else have this problem? Could you recommend any under eye concealers that don't do this?

I'm very fair skinned so without the concealer have prominent purple shadows under the eyes and look like I haven't slept for a week...

Thanks smile

Queenofthedrivensnow Wed 22-Nov-17 23:14:59

Joining for traffic as I have this issue too!

manyaslip Wed 22-Nov-17 23:32:35

I have this issue too and have tried various concealers over the years. The best one I’ve found is Mac Pro Longwear. Very good coverage and doesn’t crease!

SummerRoberts Wed 22-Nov-17 23:38:38

I used to work on makeup counters so got to try out lots of different and expensive bits and honestly the best concealer I've ever used and the one I always go back to is a £4 one from Collection (used to be collection 2000) at boots/Superdrug. It's called lasting perfection concealer and I'm really pale and her number 1- Fair.
It lasts all day and I set it with powder and it never ceases.

SummerRoberts Wed 22-Nov-17 23:39:23

Use* not her! Bloody autocorrect

gonnabreakmyrustycage Wed 22-Nov-17 23:45:10

Yeah the collection one is da bomb!

NerdyBird Thu 23-Nov-17 00:22:15

I got the collection one after seeing mentioned on here, it's really good. I use a beauty blender to put it on with. Keep your skin hydrated and that might help wrinkles to appear smoother.

Sundaylazybones Thu 23-Nov-17 06:08:10

I have this problem but find touché eclat from ysl is really good and doesn’t sit in the creases like most do

DianaT1969 Thu 23-Nov-17 06:29:29

Have you tried a primer before putting the concealer on?

hungryradish Thu 23-Nov-17 06:40:38

The Collection one is definitley the best, but you have to make sure your eye area is very hydrated first or it will look dry in your fine lines. If used with a nice creamy eye cream, it's amazing!

FairyHedgehogg Thu 23-Nov-17 06:52:49

Thanks everyone, I will definitely try the Collection one. The skin round my eyes does get very dry in winter so that might be part of the problem too.

Sundaylazybones Thu 23-Nov-17 07:02:31

Bobbi brown hydrating cream is amazing. Perfect base for your concealer

Jerseysilkvelour Thu 23-Nov-17 07:14:09

Don't just layer on the concealer, that starts to look awful quickly, you need to prep your skin properly.

Start with an eye cream, let it sink in for as long as you can (pref at least 10 mins) - my fave for dark circles is caffeine from The Ordinary as it really does help with the dark circles over time (I found visible results in about 1 week!) costs about £6

Then a primer - my favourite under eye primer is the one from ELF which you can get from Superdrug and it's bout £5

Then apply your concealer. My favourites at the mo are Urban decay naked skin (£20ish) and the full coverage one in a squeezy tube from NYX (£6). I also got a pretty good one from Primark for £2.50 recently aswell but the shade isn't quite right, formula was great though. Apply sparingly with a brush and build up if you need to. The older you are, the older wearing tonnes of concealer will make you look.

Then set your concealer with a touch of loose powder. My favourite is the Laura Mercier (£28 I think) but apparently ELF do pretty good ones for £5 ish.

wheresmyphone Thu 23-Nov-17 07:58:04

Book yourself in for a lesson/session with a few make up counters over the course of a few weeks, I did Bobbi Brown: changed my life, well, made be look a tiny bit better. smileMate just had a great session with Ester Lauder. You do not have to buy anything. But they have the time to try stuff. I do not believe in miracle creams but using the right “paint and plaster “ does make a difference.

1Wanda1 Thu 23-Nov-17 14:11:59

I have the same problem. A while ago one of the beauty bloggers I follow recommended Bye Bye Undereye by IT Cosmetics. It is amazing. Quite hard to find in store (it is in Selfridges) but I got mine from QVC. Not many colours so I found it easy to guess my colour and I was right. It’s about £24 but lasts forever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now