Talk

Advanced search

Help me choose my Christmas party dress!

(10 Posts)
passemoilevin Tue 21-Nov-17 23:21:46

I've limited it down to these 5 choices. Max budget £80, but I have a £15 asos voucher so ideal if it's from there.

I have black courts, nude heels, knee highs and shoe boots. If I need something else, that'll have to come out of the budget.

It seems all my black clutches have disappeared into the land of friends asking 'do you have a bag I could borrow' so may need a new one of those too.

Realistically, I could probs stretch to £100 all in for something beautiful. Getting a spray tan/ eyelashes/ nails on Tuesday. I've felt so shitty about myself for so long (abusive relationship) and just want to feel fab.

I'm 24yo, 5'10, a size 12-14; though I am doing the 30 day shred so will probs be a size 6 by the time of the party in 10 days grin

Very small boobs, fairly big belly and arms blush fab combination. Legs are ok.

First Christmas party here, kinda hard to gauge the general dress code. Seems more people go ultra dressy than not.

A boy I'm absolutely in love with may come blushblush so I want to look lovely.

Here are my options:

Completely willing and hopeful for other ideas though. Not in love with any of these.

passemoilevin Tue 21-Nov-17 23:22:06

Other two..

OlennasWimple Wed 22-Nov-17 02:23:33

Stay away from the jumpsuits with a larger tummy (I love that one you linked, but I don't think it will flatter you)

I like the last one. Long sleeves could be a bit sweaty? Short sleeves and a wrap / shrug / cover up thing seems like a good combo

oldlaundbooth Wed 22-Nov-17 02:33:52

I'd go with the very last one you posted.

Time40 Wed 22-Nov-17 03:09:46

The grey maxi dress. Gorgeous. I want one!

jessicajaine01 Wed 22-Nov-17 03:21:51

I like the last one you posted, if you're feeling self conscious, which im sure you don't need to be, then go for black and try to jaz it up with jewellery. Black is slimming and you wont feel like you're standing out too much. You said you have nude heals so could go nude/gold accessories. Boohoo is very good for prices and have lots of choice! Have fun x

Firefries Wed 22-Nov-17 04:03:20

One of the back dresses (the last two) you posted.

AmeliaFlashtart Wed 22-Nov-17 07:04:32

Either of the last two black dresses with shoe boots. You'll look stunning with your height and figure.

keeponkeepinon Wed 22-Nov-17 07:22:12

Last two. Lovely and very wearable.

PugwallsSummer Wed 22-Nov-17 10:28:42

The last one. It’s lovely and You’ll get to wear it many more times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now