Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else hate wearing tights?

(5 Posts)
PaxUniversalis Mon 20-Nov-17 12:20:37

I've never liked wearing tights. I do like the look of them but not the feel. Also I think tights can look very unflattering (the top bit) - especially when dressing/undressing in the presence of your OH - not a good look! Stockings are more my thing. They're elegant, sexy and comfortable. Women used to wear them all the time in the 1950s.

Does anyone know of a good brand that sells dark opaque stockings for the winter - but NOT hold ups. I don't like wearing hold ups either so they'd need to be the type one could wear with a suspender belt. However the stockings I've seen in the high street shops so far are all sheer, either in nude or white (for brides). Thanks.

Ttbb Mon 20-Nov-17 12:24:22

I hate stockings and hold ups too. The problem with stockings is finding a good garter belt-most if them just don't last.

poppym12 Mon 20-Nov-17 13:45:05

MEEEEEE! I had a funeral to attend a couple of weeks ago so pulled on some tights for the first time in years. Hated them and knew I'd be uncomfortable all day so I tried opaque hold ups, still felt uncomfortable, and ordinary stockings which were a bit better but I was paranoid that the suspender belt would show through my dress. I tried leggings. Crap idea as I hate those too. In the end I managed with a longer dresss and a pair of otk socks.

I've been away for a few days since so my legs are tanned again. I'd rather be bare legged and cold in future than try to wear tights or anything else that clings to me.

I'm beginning to think I have issues of some sort as I can't wear polo or turtle neck jumpers, crew neck are hit and miss in case they touch my throat and all of my clothes I buy in a size bigger so that nothing touches my armpits either. Just realised I am weird.

PaxUniversalis Mon 20-Nov-17 14:08:04

poppym12 I really don't like wearing hold ups. Many years ago, when I was about 20 or 21, I went shopping with my then BF. I was wearing hold ups that day. BF & I walked into a shopping mall and after a few moments I felt my hold ups started sliding down my legs. There were no loos within easy reach so I hid behind a clothes rail and tried to take the hold ups off as discretely as possible! My then BF also started laughing hysterically which didn't help!
I can do leggings but I do find that the fabric around the knees starts sagging quickly.

poppym12 Mon 20-Nov-17 14:16:35

I used to wear stockings with a belt but found that the stockings eventually dragged the belt down too so there was even more hoiking. I sometimes got around this by buying xxl stockings so they came up even higher but it was too much of a faff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now