Talk

Advanced search

How would Kate Middleton organise her wardrobe?

(30 Posts)
wobblywonderwoman Sun 19-Nov-17 14:51:09

Just for fun. I am a bit of a fan. Her clothes are well thought through but she has so many. Where on earth would she start ? I know she has help - but even still? Remembering the last occasion she wore it etc?
My wardrobe is so basic but easy!!

LittleWitch Sun 19-Nov-17 14:53:19

I imagine that her dresser has a method and will keep records of what was worn with what (down to earrings) and when and where and who was there. There’s probably an app for that wink.

megletthesecond Sun 19-Nov-17 15:01:37

She probably has tags on each item stating when and where they were worn. It's what ladies who lunch do, I saw it on a couture documentary.

NamasteNiki Sun 19-Nov-17 15:03:42

She doesnt is the answer. Her servants do it.

wobblywonderwoman Sun 19-Nov-17 15:05:05

Tags would be good I'm sure. Maybe a diary of dates and wardrobe organised by month or something.

WhooooAmI24601 Sun 19-Nov-17 15:07:04

There's a couple of wardrobe apps that take care of this for you if you've got time and energy to input (or staff to do it for you).

herecomesthsun Sun 19-Nov-17 15:07:28

She has a stylist/s dresser/s, people to wash, launder, store, pack, unpack stuff in tissue etc.

Otherwise
- nude courts here
-tan tights here
-slightly unfashionable wedges here
- vault for heirloom jewels here
-tea dresses here
-staid coats here
-shift dresses than make her look 10-15 years older here

and so on

MartysHere Sun 19-Nov-17 16:23:52

I just imagine a line of nude courts.

Dippingmytoesin Sun 19-Nov-17 16:27:20

From what I’ve gathered

Stylists take Polaroid’s of outfits and state when the outfit was worn/what for and attach this to the item hanging in the wardrobe.

They also do this for items to be worn.

usernameinfinito Sun 19-Nov-17 16:31:37

I imagine she has someone doing that for her? I doubt she would be choosing everything she wears.

Freshprincess Sun 19-Nov-17 16:34:42

Imagine having so many outfits you'd have to have a 'system' to keep track of them all.

Mulberrysilk Sun 19-Nov-17 16:36:10

I'm sure there's a software package that all the details get entered into.

ProseccoMamam Sun 19-Nov-17 16:36:18

He clothes are well thought out because she has an assistant pick her outfits and dress her daily. Along with nannys and cleaners and MUA’s and and hairdressers and chefs and gardeners and personal trainers and doctors.

Everyone would look perfect if the had 10+ people at their beck and call 24/7.

lynmilne65 Sun 19-Nov-17 17:52:55

Am sure I wouldn’t!!! Silk purse sows ear grin

CountFosco Sun 19-Nov-17 18:45:32

Am sure I wouldn’t!!! Silk purse sows ear

Of course you would. You'd have a dietician planning your healthy meals, a personnal trainer to keep you fit, make up artists, manicurists, beauticians and hairdressers to keep you looking polished. You'd have stylists to choose your outfits, seamstresses to adjust them so they fit you perfectly, maids to maintain them. When what you look like is a major part of your job you'd devote more time to it than you do now and you'd have limitless money to do it.

MakeMisogynyAHateCrime Sun 19-Nov-17 18:47:18

A cross between Ikea PAX and that computer system from Clueless?
grin

Ididnthearanything Sun 19-Nov-17 18:51:54

Oh indeed you would lynmilne65!! CountFosco is dead right. Remember your wedding day? You would have that very same input and probably much much more, Every Single Day. You’d look fab.

Agree, Kate doesn’t organise her wardrobe. Someone is paid a fine salary to do that. envy

LockedOutOfMN Sun 19-Nov-17 20:23:49

MakeMisogynyAHateCrime makes a good point. KM is missing out if she doesn't have the Clueless software; who wouldn't want that?

TheSpottedZebra Sun 19-Nov-17 20:26:04

She seems to be a big fan of buttons, so I'd guess she has a big button section for her most be-buttoned clothes, and maybe a button box, with extra buttons.

Nettletheelf Sun 19-Nov-17 20:38:13

HAHAHAHAHA at Herecomesthesun. You only missed ‘yawn lace sleeved cocktail dresses here’ and ‘Breton tops bunker’.

ChickenVindaloo2 Sun 19-Nov-17 20:50:21

I'd LOVE to have a look at her jewellery collection!

Wonder how she organises that - all earrings together or by colour/metal?

grin

susurration Sun 19-Nov-17 21:39:52

I'd imagine its probably organised the same way that the Queen's wardrobe is. I think the Queen's dresser (something Kelly?) was interviewed a few years ago showing a big book of notes, all cross referenced with dates, accessories, photos of outfits etc.

The organisational effort must be huge. I think it's probably done for all of the most senior royal women.

AngeloMysterioso Mon 20-Nov-17 02:05:10

Ooooh megletthesecond what documentary was that?

oldlaundbooth Mon 20-Nov-17 02:07:47

She must have more than one dresser. It'd be interesting to see how many people are just in her team for clothing : a buyer, dresser, maid etc. No doubt she has a tailor too.

Battleax Mon 20-Nov-17 02:17:39

I've been wondering about the minutiae of their medical arrangements (since I read a GP appointment thread and something about the royal home birth soon after).

I can't get myself to care about vaults full of granny dresses but home visits from doctors in short order would be heaven.

It's everything isn't it? Every aspect of their lives streamlined and minutely catered. Never have to deal with an MOT, or queue, or even get a shit haircut. Great fluffy pillows of privilege and comfort.

Of course there are some downsides but they have no clue about day to day life at all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: