Talk

Advanced search

How do I get my lash extensions off?!

(22 Posts)
LazySusan11 Sun 19-Nov-17 11:23:03

I had lash extensions yesterday expressed that I would like a natural look with a little more volume rather than length and didn’t want very long curly lashes in the centre as I have hooded eyes. The result is I look like a drag queen, I look totally unnatural with ridiculously long lashes all the way along.

I need to get them off before an important evening on tues and the salon doesn’t open until Wednesday! I’ve tried olive oil that hasn’t done a thing.

Any advice please!

Looneytune253 Sun 19-Nov-17 11:26:38

I have them in regularly and the lady I see told me to use baby oil. To be fair though if it’s that bad I would go back and get them to remove them properly.

lookatyourwatchnow Sun 19-Nov-17 11:29:41

It is just lots of oil although every time I have done this I have pulled a LOT of my own lashes out. You can buy a formula specifically to remove the lashes, that’s what they would do in the salon

lookatyourwatchnow Sun 19-Nov-17 11:30:33

https://falseeyelashes.co.uk/products/salon-system-individual-lash-remover-50ml?utmmedium=cpc&utmm_source=googlepla&variant=1128799028&gclid=CjwKCAiA9MTQBRAREiwAzmytw8U--pCU84ZPg757Z33_cr9iL-UTol6f8u1CybFzwRzxhfytVhuVBoCn3UQAvDD_BwE

wizzywig Sun 19-Nov-17 11:31:07

Go back to the salon. They can take them off quickly without damaging yr natural lashes

LazySusan11 Sun 19-Nov-17 11:34:23

I can’t go back to the salon they don’t open until Wednesday and I need them off by Tuesday!

revelsandrose Sun 19-Nov-17 11:36:06

Boots sell eyelash remover, think is made by eyelure

LazySusan11 Sun 19-Nov-17 11:37:44

I’ll pop to Boots, I’m going to end up with no bloody lashes for my birthday instead of the fluttery fuss free ones I wanted! angry

WeAreEternal Sun 19-Nov-17 11:41:50

Oil will break down the glue but it will take a lot of gentil rubbing to do it.
Try doing with between your thumb and forefinger with a dab of oil on each, work through the lashes in sections and leave the oil to soak as you go.
Don’t pick at the glue or pull at the lashes, when the glue is broken down and they are ready to come off they will come away with little effort.
If you pick of pull them all you will do is pull out your natural lashes. (The follicle will be weaker than the glue so pulling will only pull out your lashes)

itsbetterthanabox Sun 19-Nov-17 11:42:29

Are they semi permanent lashes or cluster lashes?
If it’s semi-perm you’ll need to have them removed in salon.
Can you post a pic and can advise better?

WeAreEternal Sun 19-Nov-17 11:43:23

Alternatively if you can afford it go to a different salon tomorrow and ask them to remove and redo the lashes as you wanted them and then go back to the original salon on Wednesday and ask for your money back plus the cost of the removal.

LazySusan11 Sun 19-Nov-17 11:53:32

They are semi permanent ones but I have a feeling these aren’t individual more cluster on each lash. Bad photo but best I can do! I have managed to get a few fall out but I don’t want to damage my natural lashes.

LazySusan11 Sun 19-Nov-17 11:53:58

Photo won’t post for some reason!

LazySusan11 Sun 19-Nov-17 11:56:39

Finally!

RavenLG Sun 19-Nov-17 12:17:26

I don’t think they look as bad as described. Could another salon remove them?

LazySusan11 Sun 19-Nov-17 12:20:02

They aren’t bad they’re a reputable salon they’re just far to long and not what I had asked for nor envisioned. I want them off! Betty Boo has nothing on these!

frenchfancy17 Sun 19-Nov-17 12:27:46

Can you trim them?

CoolCarrie Sun 19-Nov-17 12:32:39

Rather than take them off, trim them, a good magnifying mirror, nail scissors and take your time. I had the same problem and that what I did, as the volume was good, but too long.

itsbetterthanabox Mon 20-Nov-17 12:05:27

Yeah they are semi perms. Oil won’t get them off. Go to a salon and ask them to remove. Or just brush them through they look nice!

GinnyWreckin Mon 20-Nov-17 12:12:30

I don’t think they look as “bad” as you think.

Certainly not “like a drag queen”.

Go easy on yourself!

LazySusan11 Mon 20-Nov-17 13:23:35

I’ve decided to rock the unnatural lash look for now. Thanks so much for all your suggestions smile

poppym12 Mon 20-Nov-17 13:36:03

They look ok. Just trim the ones on the inner corners. They probably look a bit ott to you as you're not used to seeing them on your face.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now