poppoppophop Tue 14-Nov-17 22:32:46

Recommend me your winter shoes please!

- Must work for office and school run
- Must go with skirts/tights and skinny jeans
- No heels
- Comfortable
- Can be ankle boots but not high boots

Parmesanity Tue 14-Nov-17 22:38:19

Clarks Hamble Oak brogues every time. Perfect for pounding around the city or wearing with skinnies at the weekend. Love them. Sometimes Amazon are good for reduced pairs.

poppoppophop Tue 14-Nov-17 22:51:33

Thanks, I like the look of those!

Arkengarthdale Tue 14-Nov-17 23:15:42

I’ll second those! Very comfortable but a bit noisy. People know you’re coming! I march like a sergeant major when I’m wearing mine grin

EnidNextDoor Tue 14-Nov-17 23:24:43

KichenDancefloor Wed 15-Nov-17 00:16:52

These - picked up on a whim a couple of months ago and worn nearly every day since.
They make my cankles look slim and are comfy enough to have survived a lot of pavement pounding. They look especially good with black opaque tights. Worth every penny of the £25.

KichenDancefloor Wed 15-Nov-17 00:19:02

Ps they look like they have a heel but don’t feel like it when you’re wearing them.
I gave up trying to wear heels years ago so shoes have to be flat / very nearly flat for me.

allinclusive Wed 15-Nov-17 07:13:22

Shoe boots. I’ve recently discovered them and now understand the appeal.

poppoppophop Wed 15-Nov-17 09:28:41

Thanks all. I'm tempted by the brogues which look super comfortable and would work well with skirts/dresses and opaques but can't quite picture them with skinny jeans. I always worry about how skinny jeans look with socks showing, if that makes sense... will it look ok? Maybe I need brogues and Chelsea boots...

ShatnersBassoon Wed 15-Nov-17 09:32:14

I have some Fly Flot brogues that are really comfortable, much better than my Clarks ones.

poppoppophop Wed 15-Nov-17 16:55:51

Thank you!

Parmesanity Wed 15-Nov-17 21:45:49

pop I wear my Hamble Oaks with those foot tight things with skinnies so there's no sock visible, or pop sock things under trousers for work.

I've just walked miles over two days around London in mine and they've been so comfortable as usual. Love 'em!

KichenDancefloor Thu 16-Nov-17 23:03:21

This thread is now on ‘Mumsnet Swears By’

So weird getting a MN email with my words as the subject line.

** ~ waves at MN HQ ~

Hope you’ve found your winter shoes OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now