Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which parka? Didrikson, Seasalt, something else?

(3 Posts)
Notname Tue 14-Nov-17 21:06:53

I'm sorry, I know this subject has been done to death, and I have read through some of the other lengthy threads on this subject, but nothing quite answers my specific questions.

I'm looking for a parka which is long (knee length ish), with a nice big hood (poss with fur trim), and quite slouchy. I want it to be fairly warm, but doesn't need to be super warm as I'm happy to wear layers under it, and I want to be flexible rather than too thick and stiff, so that I can keep it on when driving.

I like the look of the Sesalt Janelle 2 but they've run out of my size in the navy and I'm less keen on the other colours. I think the Seasalt Jibe looks good, but possibly a bit thinner than I'd like. I also like the look of some of the Didrikson styles, especially the Lina (but might not be long enough), but I'm not sure whether they are a bit thick and stiff (haven't seen them in real life, I'm trying to find something online).

I'm looking to spend about £150 ish and hoping for either navy, dark grey or khaki, or something along those lines. I need a size 20, or 18 if generous, but I want to fit layers under so prob better with the bigger size. Can anyone help please?!

NotAPenguin Tue 14-Nov-17 21:19:34

I have a Didrikson, it's very warm and waterproof but perhaps a bit too warm, and yes a bit stiff. Mine is a couple of years old and started to look a bit scruffy after the first time I washed it. Having said that it feels like it's giving you a big hug when you put it on which is lovely on a cold day!

Notname Tue 14-Nov-17 21:34:09

Thank you, I love the look of the Didriksons but fear they might a bit too thick for what I want at the moment. I have a thick warm coat and want something more 'every day'. But not sure if the Seasalt Jibe might be too thin! confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now