Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Decent skinnies/jeggings for short fat people?

(5 Posts)
Ladycsparkles Tue 14-Nov-17 18:35:39

I'm 5'2 and basically live in jeans. I'm a size 18/20 but have very slim legs, so any kind of 'standard' leg jeans look ridiculous on me as they're always far too baggy.

Any recommendations for skinnies that won't break the bank please

Ollivander84 Tue 14-Nov-17 18:37:57

Sainsbury's 4 way stretch. They're fab! Properly thick stretchy fabric and skinny cut

BillywigSting Tue 14-Nov-17 18:39:49

New look.

I'm short (4ft10) and fat (size 14 which is pretty hefty for my height).

Their jeans are too long but very tapered and have tons of stretch. Not only makes them very form fitting with no mad saggy knees/bums, but almost as comfortable as leggings.

I got a high waisted pair and had them taken up (only cost a fiver) and I I will bin them only once they have entirely disintegrated. They are very very comfortable and very flattering.

And they were only £20 so a bit of a steal

Ladycsparkles Tue 14-Nov-17 18:40:50

Ooo and they start their 25% off sale next week I think- perfect timing thank you! I have a pair that I absolutely love and wear them all the time but I think they're sadly coming to the end of their life and the shop doesn't stock them anymore (was a small independent shop in town)

LadyOfTheCanyon Tue 14-Nov-17 19:02:18

F&F leggings are the shizz but you'll have to roll/take them up. I'm only an inch taller than you and it's the bane of my life. But worth it as they fit so well round my tummy and arse (apple shape, slimmer legs) as well as my legs.
I've heard good things about Dorothy Perkins jeggings as well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: