Talk

Advanced search

Pls tell me about Make Up Revolution

(14 Posts)
ILookedintheWater Tue 14-Nov-17 11:51:48

I don't wear makeup and have nooo idea.
SD15and DD13love it: SD regularly wears a full face full and even DD likes it enough that I ask her to tone it down on occasion.
They are both skilled at application after devouring hours of youtube videos.
My question: I'd like to get SD something to do with her main interest for Christmas and have seen reviews on line of Make Up Revolution gift boxes which to my uneducated eye look really good value and a great selection of stuff. Are they? Would it be enjoyed by a 15YO? Thanks

ILookedintheWater Tue 14-Nov-17 12:47:39

Does the deafening silence mean it's rubbish? The only reviews I can find are perkily positive which makes me thing=k that they aren't impartial.

katiepage1993 Tue 14-Nov-17 12:50:53

I love make up revolution. I’m 23 and have always worn make up and I think make up revolution is a good high street brand. They are well known for doing copies of higher end products which, in my opinion, are perfect for teenage girls! I think it makes a perfect gift for make up lovers.

PeteMe Tue 14-Nov-17 12:51:23

I have no idea about Make Up Revolution (but gosh indeed there has been a make up revolution of some sort - the young are mastered at make up application and do like to plaster it on!).

Do they have the urban decay eyeshadow palette? I think that is universally liked.

crazycatgal Tue 14-Nov-17 12:57:49

Make up Revolution is quite good for the price point but I think as a present I would get something from Urban Decay or Mac as teenagers can’t really afford those brands.

ILookedintheWater Tue 14-Nov-17 13:37:50

Thanks all.
Interesting contrasting viewpoints there. If it came down to giving a 6-colour palette for £40 or giving 8 palettes for £40 I think I'd err on the latter in the hope that one would be in her preferred colour way...or do they not match colour choices to skin tone any more?
So confused. I might get her a nice book........

MismatchedCat Tue 14-Nov-17 13:53:11

Eyeshadow is one area where it really is worth getting the more expensive product, because they are always more pigmented than the cheaper stuff. This makes a HUGE difference to application and longevity. Really, it's worlds apart.

I agree with the other poster who said get her one of the Naked palettes. They are incredibly popular. A lot of the tutorials on youtube use these palettes because "everyone" has them, so your SD would be able to get really specific ideas on how to use them creatively.

Oswin Tue 14-Nov-17 13:56:04

I love make up revolution. The pallette they have done with soph is beautiful and very popular. Buy from tam beauty. There is other similar brands on there.

PNGirl Tue 14-Nov-17 13:58:06

I wear MUR and I'm 33! Not all of it though. Just eyeshadows and blusher really.

I would definitely recommend a Naked pallette. I have 1, 2 and 3 - I like 2 the best but it's quite cool toned. 1 is more a mix. Avoid 3 - beautiful but mostly pinks so can be marmite.

If you do get MUR the highlighters are also lovely.

Oogle Tue 14-Nov-17 14:08:28

I really don't like MUR. I've tried the "fortune favours the brave" palette and whilst some of the colours are nice, the pigment is awful on most of them. I have a few of their palettes and just don't use them. I use MAC and am hoping for one of the naked palettes by Urban Decay or the Huda Beauty Rose Gold palette. I realise at 32 I am not your target market though grin

HouseOfGoldandBones Tue 14-Nov-17 14:10:44

My SD is 15, and has progressed past MUR.

She now wears MAC, Urban Decay or Anastasia Beverly Hills (which seems to be the palette of choice this month!)

Opheliasgoldenwine Tue 14-Nov-17 14:20:56

I love MUR; their highlighters are amazing for the cost! Eyeshadows are good too xx

combatbarbie Tue 14-Nov-17 14:21:30

I like makeup revolution. However for a present I would prefer an Urban Decay, Anastasia or Huda palette....yes more expensive but that’s because it’s a better quality and the colours more pigmented. If they love their makeup they will value the gift and know it’s cost.

Opheliasgoldenwine Tue 14-Nov-17 14:21:30

However, re the eyeshadows; I do think my Urban Decay palette is quite a bit better, so that’s something to consider smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now