Talk

Advanced search

Help please! Need an outfit on a budget for work drinks party

(3 Posts)
ByThePowerOfRa Tue 14-Nov-17 10:58:01

This is for dh’s xmas work drinks. I rarely get invited as it’s usually employees only, but this year they’ve decided to invite partners. It’s at a nice hotel in central London.

I will be 32 weeks pregnant by the time of the party, so will need a maternity dress in a size 14.

I am 5’8” tall, have giant norks and nice legs (if I do say so myself wink) despite upduffedness and general chubbiness, so maybe something knee length or so?

I am also on a bit of a budget. Maybe up to £40.

Any help much appreciated!

So far I’ve found this;

m.asos.com/asos-maternity/asos-maternity-tall-flutter-sleeve-lace-skater-dress/prd/8096809?clr=nude&SearchQuery=&cid=5813&pgesize=100&pge=1&totalstyles=407&gridsize=2&gridrow=21&gridcolumn=1

It’s very cheap and I’m worried it looks it... I’m also worried I might look a little bit mr blobby in pink!

Silverstreaks Tue 14-Nov-17 13:32:32

I think that dress looks lovely.
You won't know how soft or what the quality is until you get your hands on it. I'd say it's worth trying.

ByThePowerOfRa Tue 14-Nov-17 14:25:10

Thanks silver! I have Asos premium so I might just order and will be able to try on tomorrow. Which leaves a lot of ime for shoes, bag etc if I like the dress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now