Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Difference between keratin treatment, Brazilian blow dry and olapex?

(8 Posts)
Helplesshair Tue 14-Nov-17 10:47:17

Hi, just wondering what exactly the difference is and why the prices vary so much? I have researched online and am still unclear.

I used to have lovely, shiny hair and never coloured it until recently but since I've been in my 40s it's quite frizzy and although I can tame and smooth it with some effort, it doesn't stay that way for long and certainly not overnight. A local, reputable hairdresser recommended a cut, permanent colour and keratin. The keratin treatment is £200 but she said it would last for 3 months. Another salon is offering Brazilian blow dry for £99.

Thoughts, opinions, experiences?

Helplesshair Tue 14-Nov-17 17:07:36

Bump - anyone?

Ironfloor Tue 14-Nov-17 17:12:49

Watching eagerly.

Thanks for this post. I'd also like to know the difference. My hair is curly and tends to get frizzy if I don't apply conditioner and blow dry afterwards with heat defence spray.

I'm loathed to spend so much money on a treatment that will only last 3 months.

I don't mind getting my hair rebonded, which is more permanent than the keratin treatment and Brazilian Blow Dry, HOWEVER, I look terrible with dead straight-ish hair. It's not a good look on me.

Now if there was a treatment which

Ironfloor Tue 14-Nov-17 17:13:54

is more permanent yet preserved the curls.

QueenOfTheAndals Wed 15-Nov-17 10:02:53

Brazilian and keratin blow dries are the same thing by different names. Olaplex is more like a deep conditioning treatment but claims to rebond or repair the hair, I think.

LifeOnAHamsterWheel Wed 15-Nov-17 10:08:17

I have Keratin treatment on my hair once every 4-6 months - I can honestly say my hair has never been better to handle

Helplesshair Wed 15-Nov-17 10:16:42

Thanks for replies. Life - can I ask what you pay for your keratin treatment? It seems to vary so much.

I am tempted to do it, treat it as an investment and then not colour my hair as I think the frizz is the worst of it.

LifeOnAHamsterWheel Wed 15-Nov-17 10:25:18

It is around the £200 mark. Expensive - but given how my hair is without it (dora the explorer sticking out...) it is worth it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now