Talk

Advanced search

Do they make boots for skinny legs?

(16 Posts)
Lovemusic33 Tue 14-Nov-17 09:49:14

Ordered a pair of lovely boots from next, just received them and they look to big for my skinny legs (not a boast), I am quite petite and I find it hard to find a nice pair of boots that are not too long and are flat. I like the Next ones but I probably look really stupid in them. I'm not sure if I should send them back or keep them. Do they make slimmer fitting boots?

Lovemusic33 Tue 14-Nov-17 09:51:36

These are the boots www.next.co.uk/g883104s2#161178 ,do they look as though they should be quite fitting?

Just wanted a simple boot that I can wear with skinny jeans, nothing too special.

CryingShame Tue 14-Nov-17 09:55:32

do a search for slim calf boots - some stores do a range of calf fittings so you choose the one best for you.

They do tend to cost more though - when I just did a search for you they were averaging about £150 rather than the £50 of your Next boots.

Lovemusic33 Tue 14-Nov-17 09:58:02

I'm sure my calfs are not actually that thin, maybe they just make boots wider these days?

I will have a look online but I think maybe I'm better off going to try some on? Which is a shame, I like using next as I don't have to go out and try them on, can try them at home and return for free but their sales seem to change so much with everything.

justaweeone Wed 15-Nov-17 08:39:10

I have the same problem and often buy children’s boots as I’m a size 4
https://www.clarks.co.uk/c/Mariel-Star-Junior/p/26127006

BikeRunSki Wed 15-Nov-17 08:45:13

Duo sell boots by calf width. They are pricey, but not bad. I’ve had a couple of pairs, but I have the opposite problem of very wide calfs! (Now, if only someone would do something similar with jeans...).

BikeRunSki Wed 15-Nov-17 08:46:18

Meant to say, Duo do skinny as well as wide calfs.

ZeroFuchsGiven Wed 15-Nov-17 08:47:35

I have the same problem, not just with boots but with skinny jeans too. I get them to fit my waist but are always far too baggy on the leg.

The best place I have found to get boots is River Island.

donajimena Wed 15-Nov-17 08:48:11

I've super skinny legs. The only ones that have ever fitted me are Fly Mol

berliozwooler Wed 15-Nov-17 08:49:09

I've always had muscly calves and struggled to get long boots to fit in the past and I think the boots have got wider generally as now it isn't usually a problem. DD1 struggles to get boots to fit, as she is a size 6 shoe and size 4-6 clothes.

BeastOfCraggyIsland Wed 15-Nov-17 08:52:45

I have the same issue as I have really slim ankles and calves. I can't wear kids' sizes either as I'm a 6. I've never found a pair of calf length boots that fit my legs, they all gape and look like wellies. A lot of ankle boots are the same. I have 2 pairs of knee high boots from River Island that fit well and for ankle boots I bought a pair of Orinoco Spice from Clarks which I love. I also have a Fatface brown ankle pair which don't gape too much - I style them with socks sticking out at the top which fills the gap. I've pretty much given up on anything between ankle and knee length though - well I say that, I live in hope and keep trying on pairs that I like and being disappointed because they look ridiculous - a case in point was the amazing deal on Ugg Wilcoxes posted on here last year; I ordered a pair but had to send them straight back as my legs were swimming in them and they looked ridiculous, gutted!

YippeeTeenager Wed 15-Nov-17 08:56:57

Jones the Bootmakers do a couple of different pairs of boots that are slim fitting. They are the only ones I’ve found that work for my petite (matchstick) legs.

TheNewMrs Wed 15-Nov-17 08:59:50

My boots from Next are the same! Disappointing for what they cost me..
I got some flat boots from Matalan last year and they're nice and slim fitting smile

Lovemusic33 Wed 15-Nov-17 09:01:48

Thank you ladies, I am a size 5 and children's sizes go up to a 4 sad.
When it comes to jeans I often have the opposite problem as the top of my legs/thighs are bigger so I struggle to get skinny jeans on. I have a few pairs of boots but none really fit nicely.

PaperdollCartoon Wed 15-Nov-17 09:05:49

Duoboots! I have curvy calves so need the other end of spectrum, but they do all kinds of calf widths to suit. They’re great quality and worth the money.

ShimmeringIce Wed 15-Nov-17 10:05:18

I’ve got very average legs and tried some Red or Dead boots that were far too skinny. It was years ago in Schuh.. not sure they still sell Red or Dead <helpful>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now