Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Is there a product which could brighten my late 40's skin overnight (mask/scrub?)

(12 Posts)
paddlingwhenIshouldbeworking Mon 13-Nov-17 23:11:31

Have been asked to interview for a dream 1 day a week job on Wednesday but currently feeling very grey and wrecked.

Have fine lines, large pores in places, puffy eyes due to lack of sleep and allergies. A bit blotchy. Skin isn't sensitive though so not worried about trying something the night before.

Wishing I'd had more notice and could guzzle water from the tap but a bit late.

Cakescakescakes Mon 13-Nov-17 23:14:03

I find REN Flash Rinse is great for a quick post. But a good double cleanse and exfoliation then a clay mask is my default if I have time.

Cakescakescakes Mon 13-Nov-17 23:15:06

Dermalogic daily microfoliant is superb as a brightening exfoliant but sadly is £££.

Cakescakescakes Mon 13-Nov-17 23:15:14

Dermalogica

Jaffalong Tue 14-Nov-17 01:48:10

Nip & Fab radiance mask a few quid from super drug is absolutely amazing

Kwackerly Tue 14-Nov-17 02:36:36

Dermalogica daily microfoliant. Actually noticeably brighter smoother skin - means I can then use my double wear without it caking up (dry middle aged skin). Lasts ages too

EnidButton Tue 14-Nov-17 02:43:09

Elemis papaya enzyme peel. Not as scary as it sounds, it’s a very mild face mask. Brightens and smooths.

Skyn Hydrocool firming Eye gels. Patches soaked in a serum that you place under your eyes for 10 mins. Really work at temporarily smoothing the area and reducing puffiness. Keep them in the fridge for extra depuffing.

For general glowy healthy-ness, a cream blusher does wonders. I like Bobbi Brown. Also like their shimmer bricks along cheekbones.

For the next week eat lots of green vegetables and some oily fish (salmon is good), couple of avocados and some nuts. No sugar and low wheat.

That said, they won’t notice any of this whether you do it or not but if it helps your confidence then why not. Just don’t worry about it too much. Good luck!

DianaT1969 Tue 14-Nov-17 06:22:30

I've tried lots over the years and can totally recommend Nip+Fab from Superdrug. Get the exfoliant pads (caled Glycolic Fix daily cleansing pads). Use night before. Morning of interview use their Dragons Blood serum with hyaluronic acid. Use on moist skin. It plumps out fine lines and makes the skin look radiant. Traps the moisture in too. I use with my normal moisturiser. Leave 10 mins, then apply makeup.
Nip+Fab often on offer in Superdrug.
Get a blowdry too! Will make you feel more polished.
Good luck!

seefeld Tue 14-Nov-17 07:00:37

Do you have a good skincare routine already? I’d make sure I religiously oil or balm cleanse twice a day with a flannel (it’ll gently exfoliate the skin), use a good serum on my face and under eye (Hylamide SubQ eye serum is excellent) and moisturizer for the next week. Skyn Iceland do a great mini pack of products to revive hungover skin for about £17 (available from M&S) which includes a brightening mask and gel eye patches.

There’s also a Lisa Eldridge tutorial on puffy eyes that might help: m.youtube.com/watch?v=iSN_JaJ7uHU She recommends using ice cubes and massage.

SukiTheDog Tue 14-Nov-17 07:47:36

Not overnight but....give it a month. I started using Fade Out Cream Day SPF 25 and night. It have evened my skin tone and brightened it more than anything I’ve used in the past. My Clarins Super Serum stuff lies in my undies draw, half used!

0ccamsRazor Tue 14-Nov-17 09:51:48

I make a face wash with a vitamins c dispersable tablet and 2 asprin in a table spoon of apple cider vinegar. I use a flannel to 'scrub' it on gently with small circular movements and then finish with Aloe Vera gel as an over night moisturiser.

I don't throw away the rest of the face wash as I use it first thing in the morning to take any left over aloe gel off.

Works brilliantly!

paddlingwhenIshouldbeworking Tue 14-Nov-17 13:49:58

Oh what a lovely lot you are! I'll see what I can get this afternoon.

Blowdry - tick!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: