Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If you're pregnant but hate leggings what are you wearing?

(9 Posts)
Chipsahoy Mon 13-Nov-17 22:22:01

So far I've managed all my old clothes apart from jeans. But at 15 weeks skirts are tight too now.
I really am not a big fan of leggings. I do a lot of yoga and wear yoga pants for that, so leggings are too similar and don't feel smart.
So does pregnancy have to mean leggings?
I'd rather not spend a fortune on maternity wear, so far what I do have is far too big. Is there an alternative I'm missing?

ShesAStar Mon 13-Nov-17 22:28:50

I loved Topshop maternity jeans. Really comfy and all different styles.

Chipsahoy Tue 14-Nov-17 15:15:54

Thanks. I have some Dorothy persons jeans but they are still too big. I have bought some jeggings which do ok. They are not smart enough for work though.

TheMogget Tue 14-Nov-17 15:22:26

Dress & tights? Wrap dresses tend to ‘grow’ with you and you should get away with larger tights for a while and then maybe invest in some maternity ones later on.

DumbledoresPensieve Tue 14-Nov-17 15:45:42

I wore lots of dresses, tights and flat boots for work (winter pregnancy) with a cardigan over the top open if it was cold. I had a great dress from fatface that wasn't even maternity that just grew with my (huge!) bump and went back to normal when washed! It's still good as new. Jumper dresses are good until you get so big they ride up at the front if they aren't maternity. Wrap dresses are good too, I used a cami underneath them to hide the ludicrous pregnancy cleavage grin

ByThePowerOfRa Tue 14-Nov-17 16:09:38

- Dungarees
- Dresses and tights
- Maternity jeans occasionally, but I always regret wearing them as they constantly fall down!

Chipsahoy Thu 16-Nov-17 17:13:01

Dresses and tights sounds perfect. I've got some huge tights on today, and they are so comfortable. Ill forget the trouser options for now. Stretchy or wrap dresses it is.
Thanks.

ShampagneShoshalist Thu 16-Nov-17 18:26:12

I lived with n maternity tights and wrap dresses or other jersey dresses for work. Comfy, stretchy but still smart-ish.

Kitsharrington Thu 16-Nov-17 19:03:21

Check out the frugality on Instagram. Her style is always great and being pregnant isn't changing that. She does still have a very small bump though..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now