Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

You know that Jo Malone promotion earlier in the year? Now Bobbi Brown have one!

(21 Posts)
AuntPol Mon 13-Nov-17 14:21:47

If anyone remembers the Jo Malone promotion earlier this year, where you could win full size products with a purchase - well, Bobbi Brown have now got a similar one going on their website.

It’s called Spin and Win, and they are giving away full size products, or discounts, with any purchase over £20.

Hopefully this will be something that all the Ester Lauder companies do from time to time!

cardoon Mon 13-Nov-17 16:05:48

Thank you pol, have ordered a creamy concealer and a brow mascara, 20% off!

PollyPerky Mon 13-Nov-17 17:02:06

It's not as great as it sounds. You get 3 spins - no more. My first 2 spins produced 'no win' and my 3rd produced a free treat which looks like a mini bronzer which I won't use and a couple of skincare minis, which I won't use as I find them too perfumed. You might be lucky and get one of the other wins, which is 20% off or a better product.

Dozer Mon 13-Nov-17 17:04:18

I don’t like deals like this: can’t be arsed with the chance element and would prefer a straight discount.

The brand tests on animals.

AuntPol Mon 13-Nov-17 17:05:27

So maybe not quite as good as the Jo Malone promo then.

I got lucky and won an eye and cheek palette, which I will use, so I was happy with that.

AllTalkNo Mon 13-Nov-17 18:25:41

Thanks -won a lip pencil

Bratsandtwats Mon 13-Nov-17 19:03:31

Thank you. I got 10% off, but shan't be using it.

plentyofshoes Mon 13-Nov-17 20:31:49

Thanks. I won a full size eye liner on my first spin.

PollyPerky Mon 13-Nov-17 22:20:43

what I don't get is this....

I was sent the promotional email and 'spun' using the link in the email, and won a set of trial sizes. It says it's in my basket. I then went directly to BB website and tried to spin again. It won't let me. It's holding the trial sizes in my basket.

How do they know it's me? Are they using my IP address or something ?

I don't want the trial set so was trying to enter again and get a different offer.

plentyofshoes Mon 13-Nov-17 22:35:02

I think you can spin again tomorrow?

AuntPol Mon 13-Nov-17 22:43:49

I think once you've won something, that's it for the day. But you can try it again tomorrow (I think). (Or open a private browsing session and see if that fools them).

Bostin Mon 13-Nov-17 22:52:22

Not great. I had 2 spins and got a 10% discount. But now it is saying I’ve maxed out my spins.

Jo Malone one was better

Cakescakescakes Mon 13-Nov-17 22:59:10

I got a full size glow stick highlighter. Was going to order something for my SIL anyway so that’s a bonus!

Deux Mon 13-Nov-17 23:01:04

If you go on to private browsing (no cookies) and open a new page each time, you can have as many goes as you like.

user1486161908 Tue 14-Nov-17 14:22:45

Hmmm am tempted, not used much Bobbi Brown apart from the shinmer brick which I wasnt hugely impressed with, does anyone have specific products they can recommend?

KTD27 Tue 14-Nov-17 14:39:05

Oh thanks for this! I won a gift set and bought an art stick for lips and cheeks £22 but with the gift set too I figure a good buy!

HaHaHmm Tue 14-Nov-17 14:53:09

Use a private browsing window to get multiple spins.

LizzieSiddal Tue 14-Nov-17 14:53:11

Thank you! I didn't get anything on my laptop, so did it on my iphone and got 20% off. I use their cream blusher and bronzering powder and needed new ones of each.

You don't often get discounts on cosmetics so I'm really chuffed with this!

mrsdane Tue 14-Nov-17 16:23:21

I got 10% first time round and then the full size liquid liner using Chrome instead of Safari - try switching browser

mrsdane Tue 14-Nov-17 16:25:26

Polly - yes, they've tracked your use of the promo email to their website and have 'remembered' what you've won. Brands do this to tailor offers to you, watch your browsing and see what you put in your basket, hence follow up 'you left this in your basket' or 'here's a voucher for what you left behind' type emails you may receive.
Clear your cookies or use a different browser and try again. You'll probably need to use a different email address though, as the two will be linked.

PollyPerky Tue 14-Nov-17 16:41:36

I'll have a go MrsDane- thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now