Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Philips Lumea on a monobrow?

(12 Posts)
Baconsarnie Mon 13-Nov-17 13:35:35

I really want a Lumea, but does anyone know if it can be used on my brows? Also, are there any offers on at the moment? Thanks.

MinnieMinchkin Mon 13-Nov-17 13:40:01

Personally I wouldn't have it that close my eyes! I do use it on my upper lip and chin.

MissWimpyDimple Mon 13-Nov-17 14:32:48

I don’t see why not as long as you close your eyes, but the zapper head is pretty big so you’d struggle to be precise. I guess it would do the main middle bit but make sure you get the smaller face zapper

Baconsarnie Mon 13-Nov-17 20:45:25

Thanks both! Smaller face zapper sounds promising, will investigate.

Madonnasmum Mon 13-Nov-17 22:02:43

I did, they went fast. Quicker than the chin hairs. Lol.

MinnieMinchkin Mon 13-Nov-17 23:05:30

I've obviously been missing a trick in my cowardice! blushgrin

badbadhusky Mon 13-Nov-17 23:07:55

The manual says not to use it above cheekbone-level. Personally, I wouldn’t use it anywhere near my eyes - not worth the risk.

Baconsarnie Tue 14-Nov-17 10:36:08

Is there anything else I could buy instead/as well? Plucking is becoming a full time job!

MrFMercury Tue 14-Nov-17 10:39:16

Following because I'm having the same problem with my facial hair. DH is Dr Movember not me!

Madonnasmum Tue 14-Nov-17 12:09:17

I'm dark haired and had a fine Tash and coarse chinny hairs, over 20 when I counted. After blasting those areas for 6 weeks (and plucking as no way could I shave) I've only got 4 chin hairs left so I give them a blast when I remember. But I can deal with 4 hairs! It's when it was 20 plus it got me down.

Madonnasmum Tue 14-Nov-17 12:09:58

I'm dark haired and had a fine Tash and coarse chinny hairs, over 20 when I counted. After blasting those areas for 6 weeks (and plucking as no way could I shave) I've only got 4 chin hairs left so I give them a blast when I remember. But I can deal with 4 hairs! It's when it was 20 plus it got me down.

CoolCarrie Tue 14-Nov-17 12:11:47

The light is very bright so you will need to be careful, try it elsewhere first.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: